Drivers/Drives Fail to install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drivers/Drives Fail to install

Okay, So I'm going to try to be as thorough with this as possible, because it is a very annoying problem which I have spent hours trying to fix with no result.

When I first downloaded Daemon Tools Lite v4.40.2 onto Windows 7 64-bit, the install worked fine. The problem surfaced almost immediately, when I clicked "Add Device". The little notification bubble popped up saying it was installing the driver, but almost immediately failed. This happened multiple times so I started troubleshooting. I went into my security software (Comodo Antivirus) and noticed that some weird thing with DT at the beginning was being blocked, so of course I selected it and put into the trusted section. This didn't help, so I tried disabling my security completely but still nothing happened. Here is what my device manager looks like right now, completely messed up:

Now, when I try to add another device (SCSI Virtual Drive) I get the error message "You already have the maximum number of virtual SCSI drives." I tried uninstalling the DT drives in device manager, but I still got the same error. When I go into device manager, do a right click, and select "Scan for hardware changes", the four previously uninstalled drives then all attempt to reinstall, and all fail one after the other. When I right click these broken DT drives and select "Update Driver Software", I get a window with two, big, fun buttons. One saying "Search automatically for updated driver software blablabla" and the other saying "Browse my computer for driver software". I tried the former. It searches for about six seconds, and then tells me that windows has determined it is up to date.

I think that's a good amount of information to get started on, and I can't wait for a response. Please and thank you.

Update:

I tried entirely uninstalling my Comodo security, along with reinstalling Daemon Lite, and now I'm getting something new. When I click Add Device, I get:

DAEMON Tools Pro driver error: 3

Comment

Update 2: I found that DAEMON Tools Pro driver error: 3 was happening because I had checked Advanced Emulation when I reinstalled DT Lite. I unchecked it, I went back to the same old problems. I rechecked it and now, when I click Add Device, a window pops up saying "SCSI adapter has to be enabled to add virtual device. Do you want to continue?" I click OK and the "Adding Virtual Device" goes for a second until I get an "Unable to Add Adapter" error twice.

Comment

Originally Posted by Sharp Crayons View Post
        When I right click these broken DT drives and select "Update Driver Software", I get a window with two, big, fun buttons. One saying "Search automatically for updated driver software blablabla" and the other saying "Browse my computer for driver software". I tried the former. It searches for about six seconds, and then tells me that windows has determined it is up to date.
        In case driver is not found automatically, set DAEMON Tools installation folder as search location.

If you get "DAEMON Tools Pro driver error: 3" with enabled Advanced Emulation, please follow these steps:

1. Uninstall DTPro via Start menu -> All Programs -> DAEMON Tools Pro -> Uninstall menu item. Or remove DAEMON Tools Pro folder.
        2. Download SPTD driver setup from http://disc-tools.com Uninstall SPTD using downloaded file.
        3. Restart your system.
        4. Start regedit.exe (standard system registry editor) and delete "HKLM\System\CurrentControlSet\Services\sptd" key. Correct key's permissions if it's necessary (via key's right-click menu).
        daemonpro-help.com/problems_and_solutions/registry_and_sptd_problems.html
        5. Restart your computer.
        6. Install DAEMON Tools Pro.

Also you should know that there are some compatibility problems with Comodo. Try to disable Defense+ module in Comodo if you want to use it together with DT.

Comment

This doesn't solve my main problem, which is the driver failing to install. I set the search to DT folder but it still told me it was the best version. I don't even know what advanced emulation is, nor do I probably need it. All I want to do, is mount a virtual drive with my iso, but I can't even create a virtual drive.

Comment

According to first screenshot you also have problems with your real HP drive, is this still the case?
            Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
            Peace Through Power

Comment

Originally Posted by Blazkowicz View Post
              According to first screenshot you also have problems with your real HP drive, is this still the case?
              Yes

Not sure what it is though.

Comment

Read this article - No virtual drive in My Computer | DAEMON Pro Help. It may help.

Comment

I have the first issue that the original poster described. None of the solutions you have posted work and it's getting quite annoying not being able to use a DVD Drive. I've tried everything I know of, including using an external DVD drive with no luck.
                  Last edited by TMD11; 03.03.2011, 22:24. Reason: Stupid typos. *sadface*

Comment

Working...
                  X