Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Showing results 1 to 10 of 11

Thread: Can't use virtual drive? ("Windows can't access this disk" error)

Default Can't use virtual drive? ("Windows can't access this disk" error)

I have an .iso mounted to a virtual drive using the Lite version of Daemon Tools. It's mounted on a DT drive. Whenever I try to run auto-play or explore the drive, I get this error.

Windows can't access this disc.
    The disc might be corrupt. Make sure that the disc uses a format Windows recognizes. If the disc is unformatted, you need to format it before using it.

I'm using Windows 7. I'm sure the iso file has nothing wrong with it. I can't burn it to a DVD to test it because I don't have any DVDs big enough to hold the file. This is my first time ever having Damon Tools on my laptop and I have no idea what's going on. Am I doing something wrong? The version of DT I'm using is the most recent version available.

Please check the problem with another image file.

I've used three different image files and I get the same error every time. I'm really sure it's not the image file.

GERMAN TRANSLATOR

How did you create that image?
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

I didn't. I downloaded it.

Quote Originally Posted by AmandaShotgun View Post
    I didn't. I downloaded it.
    I am having the exact same problem. There's no solution here and it's an old thread. Did anyone figure out the issue?

Here as well... I even uninstalled, rebooted an installed the newest version 4.45, mounted as DT and SCSI to no avail. Given this
    issue is over 10 months old, it doesn't seem hopeful Below are my screenshots of the failure and the version:

Click image for larger version

Name:	Daemon.JPG
Views:	410
Size:	40.2 KB
ID:	1346Click image for larger version

Name:	Daemon2.JPG
Views:	244
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	1347

Quote Originally Posted by zntmid8r View Post
    Here as well... I even uninstalled, rebooted an installed the newest version 4.45, mounted as DT and SCSI to no avail. Given this
    issue is over 10 months old, it doesn't seem hopeful Below are my screenshots of the failure and the version:
    Is your problem reproducible with all images or with exact one?

Customer

If reproducible for all images it's likely a filter driver issue or some other OS problem not mainly caused by DT.
    Please try this FixIt solution: Your CD or DVD drive can't read or write media
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

I am having the exact same problem. There's no solution here and it's an old thread.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast