Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 45

Thread: Spyware in Daemon Tools Lite installer?

Customer

You should have got a confirmation windows like the one in post #6.
    Please take also a look here: http://forum.daemon-tools.cc/f14/del...82/#post137314
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

New User

So if I do uncheck all boxes & press cancel in the confirmation window this thing won't install itself by his own?

Customer

Exactly! Pulled the installation through without an annoying surprise.
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

New User

Ok, I'll try it and post the result here.

I guess I will chime in here instead of making a new thread. Recently reinstalled windows and while I was installing the latest DAEMON Tools Lite v4.46.1 (with SPTD 1.83) from Disc-Tools.com and I clicked that OK in the popup for Delta-Search after turning off all the install radio boxes for it. After I cleaned it up I reinstalled just to make sure it was my error and it was, but the OK or Cancel got me since I've been installing all sorts of programs. My fault\mistake, but the amount of time it took to get that Delta-Search removed really put me off. It really does a number. Changing multiple settings for three different browsers, adds extensions for the, and has multiple uninstalls that still leaves problem remnants all over. Even some Babylon toolbar stuff that didn't actually installed, but they are related so some registry settings get placed.

I love the DEAMON Tools and have been using it since the around the time the first version came out. Small headache for me, but I recommend it to friends and family. If I had to walk them through removing Delta-Search I am sure they would rather go with Nero or something else just because hassle even if I explained if they bought it there would be no issue. Oh well just put my thoughts out there while I was staring at file transfers, disc rips, and backup percentage bars.

Customer

@Monz
    If you want to play it entirely safe run a silent installation: Installation command line parameters | daemon-help.com
    e.g. D:\Downloads\DTLite4461-0328.exe /S /nogadget /D="C:\Program Files (x86)"

New User

Quote Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
    @Monz
    If you want to play it entirely safe run a silent installation: Installation command line parameters | daemon-help.com
    e.g. D:\Downloads\DTLite4461-0328.exe /S /nogadget /D="C:\Program Files (x86)"
    I'll need a explanation what does that mean

spywares are very common in softwares nowadays, but we are in the childhood of the internet era and most people are way too stupid to realize that, in a couple of centuries from now people will say "wow they were really that stupid to let the whole world inspect their house like that?"

anyway remember this golden rule, never grant internet access to a software which isn't 100% open source, only grant that access to a select few softwares which need it (like your web browser) and which are fully open source (including every plugin) and when you're not 100% sure if you can trust, simply choose the safer path and do not trust it

digital sigs don't mean anything in regards to whether you can trust or not, it's just a way to verify the editor, but in no way means that editor can be trusted, has never been the point of it

Experienced User

surprised you didnt mention only using an open source os there too jasondcc... oh yeh... windows isnt open source...
    my views are 100% personal views..

New User

Im confused, only this appears during installation, no other toolbar installation's or anything.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast