Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DVD ISO modified is detect as CD

Hello,

I try to make mod for old games and i need to modify some files.

I'm using daemon tools pro, wich make a good job, but when i launch the .iso the console detect it as
    isoFile open ok: C:\*****\ISO_mod\mod(2).iso
    Image type = CD
    When the original Iso is detect as
    isoFile open ok: C:\****\ISO_original\original.iso
    Image type = DVD
    So, someone could help me ?

You've selected the DVD disc type in DT Pro Image Editor ?
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Yes, it's detect as DVD (more than 1GB), not DVD AL wich doesn't work better.

The file type is "ISO9660 + Joliet", because otherwise it's detect as "audio CD"

Comment

I'm just asking again to get your actions right:
        You've selected the DVD disc type in DT Pro Image Editor with file system ISO9660+Joilet,
        total image size is over 1GB, and still your program says it's a CD.

If an ISO is 700MB or less, it's quite normal a program views it as a CD.
        Which program is it that says it's a CD ?

Does it have to be an ISO, or are you ok with a MDS/ISO or MDS/MDF combination, or a MDX image as well ?
        Last edited by Terramex; 26.06.2014, 14:19.
        I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

1°) Yes

2°) I'm using PCSX2

3°) It could be a ISO MDF NRG BIN IMG, but I didn't try. So I will and tell you if it works

ISO: Didn't works
          MDF: Didn't works
          Last edited by henchcx; 26.06.2014, 20:51.

Comment

To ensure the image is recognized as a DVD you could -as the fastest method- create a MDS file for your existing ISO with ImgBurn:
            Tools->Create MDS file... -> open your ISO and choose DVD-ROM media type.

Apart from that i'm not sure your using the correct file system for a PS2 game; IIRC it should be ISO9660/UDF 1.02
            But on the other hand i don't know if that's really required for PCSX2

What exactly are you trying to modify ?
            Last edited by Terramex; 26.06.2014, 21:01.

Comment

I'm trying to modify .pss files (only video) not system/database files... for now

But it should work before I'm trying to go further

Comment

Before you proceed, i would first test and compare with ImgBurn's "Create image file from files/folders" mode with file system ISO9660+UDF 1.02.
                Mount your original ISO, then add your files from the mounted image to your new compilation in ImgBurn + your modified .pss files.

Comment

Ok, so it's detect as DVD now

I just create a new original_IB.iso of the original original.iso wich was mounted with DT.
                  But it's again detect as a no original PS2 disk.

I think the error comes from ImgBurn :
                  The original.iso disk got 611488 sectors when the original_IB.iso disk got 558240 sectors

When I use DKZ studio 0.92B (the version of 03/30/2006 not the FINAL version -I couldn't find- but this one just analyse perfectly) I can see those difference
                  The order of created files is different : original / copy by IB
                  SYSTEM.CNF / BIN
                  SLES_550.17 / MODULES
                  MODULES / SLES
                  BIN / SYSTEM.CNF
                  UMD / UMD

And the size of the folders are differents.
                  I've found this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTpPgvDyxAU but nothing more :/

Comment

Ok, problem resolve (in parts) when using apache 1.1 mod PS2
                    It update the files directly in the .iso and modify TOC and not the LBA (do not create a new .iso).

So it works for now.

Thanks for helping me

If you want I'll show you my work when it will be done (in a week I think but the game will be in french)

Comment

Working...
                    X