No post no bios Please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No post no bios Please help!

After installing Daemon lite (Never even used it) My computer did not get a post / bios upon restart. According to what I've read this program doesn't alter anything related to this but it is THE ONLY thing that changed since my last restart. So I must conclude that it is this software doing it...

What can I do to fix this? My computer still boots up but there is no post / bios and if I spam a key to get into bios it just hangs and never goes to windows. (just the black screen)

As the forum provides more of an additional/secondary user-to-user support please also contact
    the official support team with reference to this thread.

It's not possible that DT makes your POST screen disappear & the BIOS inaccessible.
    But if uninstalling DT & its SPTD driver solves your issue you can prove me a liar
    Take a look here on how to uninstall SPTD: DuplexSecure - FAQ

Did you download the DT installer from an official source ?
    Which make and model is your motherboard ?
    Is it a BIOS system or do you actually mean UEFI when talking of BIOS ?
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
      As the forum provides more of an additional/secondary user-to-user support please also contact
      the official support team with reference to this thread.

It's not possible that DT makes your POST screen disappear & the BIOS inaccessible.
      But if uninstalling DT & its SPTD driver solves your issue you can prove me a liar
      Take a look here on how to uninstall SPTD: DuplexSecure - FAQ

Did you download the DT installer from an official source ?
      Which make and model is your motherboard ?
      Is it a BIOS system or do you actually mean UEFI when talking of BIOS ?

Actually you are wrong .. After rolling back to before installation (Simply uninstalling it did not work) It worked fine like it did before I installed you're software. Therefore you are a liar and there are many people making these same complaints but apparently you don't get it. (Go down a thread or 2 to get the gist.)

Comment

Originally Posted by Randomjoeguyg2 View Post
        Actually you are wrong .. After rolling back to before installation (Simply uninstalling it did not work) It worked fine like it did before I installed you're software. Therefore you are a liar and there are many people making these same complaints but apparently you don't get it. (Go down a thread or 2 to get the gist.)
        Did you install SPTD driver together with DAEMON Tools? If yes, try to remove it using this guide.
        It would be good if you secified your OS and DT version at least.

Also, please be more polite as you are at public forum. If you need professional help, you may contact our support team by the email support-eml@disc-soft.com.

Comment

Don't worry, already got the gist

AFAIK it's impossible that Windows drivers could have any influence on the BIOS/POST sequence.
          If you can convince me of the contrary i'm entitled to be the "Liar of the year".

Sometimes it occurs that the SPTD driver slows down Windows loading times,
          but again, i can't modify anything which has influence on the BIOS.
          I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
            Don't worry, already got the gist

AFAIK it's impossible that Windows drivers could have any influence on the BIOS/POST sequence.
            If you can convince me of the contrary i'm entitled to be the "Liar of the year".

Sometimes it occurs that the SPTD driver slows down Windows loading times,
            but again, i can't modify anything which has influence on the BIOS.
            so to prove my point even more - I reinstalled JUST daemon tools lite - NO SPTD.

And it happened again. I have to re roll my computer to before I installed it.

It is DEFINITELY this software or something else it is installing that I am unaware of in which case is equally if not worse because it is installing hidden programs.

Comment

hidden programs?... can you make a video of this? would be interesting to see... of the normal post, then you installing dt, and then rebooting... please
              my views are 100% personal views..

Comment

Working...
              X