Unable to Completely Uninstall Daemon Tools

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Unable to Completely Uninstall Daemon Tools

Hello, first I'd like to say thanks for any help you can provide. Next, my problem is that I can't uninstall Daemon Tools. (Also, I'm using Windows 8 and this computer is about 5 months old. So, there shouldn't be any hardware difficulties.)

I installed Daemon Tools (DT) a couple of days ago. It worked perfectly, but yesterday, I tried to open a .bin file from a cd. I thought it might have sound effects I could use. Anyways, when I tried to mount the file, the mounting waiting message appeared. It stayed on way to long and nothing happened. I was unable to close Daemon Tools, so I used the Task Manager to shut down the program. I then tried to open the same file on a different program. It didn't work. I uninstalled the other program with no difficulty. I then tried to open up my computer, but it said the my computer folder had nothing inside of it. My C drive icon was also missing along with many icons on my desktop. I then restarted the compute

I started up the computer and everything appeared fine, I then opened Daemon Tools and tried to open the file again. DT wouldn't open at all. So, I decided to uninstall it. I was unable to uninstall DT because I had a DT process running, so I opened the Task Manager and tried to shut it down. I was able to shut down one process, but not the other. So, I then searched the internet, read some forum posts about people who seemed to have the same problems. So, I restarted the computer again and tried to open it in Safe Mode.

I was unable to open the computer in safe mode (I think I messed that up somehow. Windows 8 annoys me sometimes. ) So, I disabled my antivirus instead and tried to uninstall it. Didn't work. I then tried to uninstall it using the uninstaller that came with DT, didn't work. I did a couple other things, the computer performed really slowly. It finally froze while I was listening to windows media player. So, I restarted again.

I started the computer and tried to install sptd to see if the newer one would help, it didn't. So I tried to uninstall Daemon Tools manually. After an obscene amount of difficulty, I was able to shut down Daemon Tools processes and deleted the files in my programs. I then tried to delete the files under device manager. I was unable to.

So that's were I'm at now. I've tried everything I can find and think of. This is kind of effecting my computers performance, so I'd appreciate some assistance.

Thanks!

Hello,

If you have installed SPTD, try to uninstall it first. Download proper SPTD installer from DuplexSecure - Downloads, run it and click Uninstall.
    Then reboot and try to uninstall DAEMON Tools.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

I'm not part of the support team, so that's just the way i would proceed.

Manually delete upper/lower filter entries as described here (Resolution) and reboot:
      The CD drive or the DVD drive does not work as expected on a computer that is running Windows Vista (also works on Windows XP/7/8/8.1).

Remove any remains of DT lite manually as described here: Removing DAEMON Tools Lite manually | daemon-help.com

If still present delete this regkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\servic es\dtsoftbus01
      Reboot, and also delete C:\ProgramData\DAEMON Tools Lite.

btw. what exactly have to tried to delete in device manager ?
      Last edited by Terramex; 13.10.2014, 19:11.
      I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Working...
      X