Daemon Tools stuck after crash + Critical System Errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Daemon Tools stuck after crash + Critical System Errors

I attempted to mount an invalid image type with DT. This caused the program to have an error and crash. Since then, those things have happened:

-Daemon Tools will no longer open;
    -It's still shown on the task manager as running, however, I cannot force close it
    -The Virtual Drive is still shown on My Computer. However, if I attempt to open/right click it, the windows explorer freezes up and doesn't unstuck unless I force-reboot the computer
    -Other programs that read from the disc drives also get stuck and crash when they attempt to check for the Drives. So far it's happened with both Media Player Classic and Speccy
    -Rebooting my laptop normally doesn't work. It just says Rebooting indefinitely and never reboots
    -Naturally, I can't mount images anymore either

Did I end up with a bad virtual drive after crashing DT? It refuses to launch, but the drive is still there and it's causing system-wide problems for me. How can I fix this?

As other programs also have issues, please first manually delete upper/lower filter entries as described here (Resolution) and reboot:
    The CD drive or the DVD drive does not work as expected on a computer that is running Windows Vista (also works on Windows XP/7/8/8.1).

Also remove any remains of DT lite manually as described here: Removing DAEMON Tools Lite manually | daemon-help.com

If still present delete this regkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\servic es\dtsoftbus01
    Reboot, and also delete C:\ProgramData\DAEMON Tools Lite.

btw. which DT and Windows version are you using ?
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Working...
    X