X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Not happy with the new version of Daemon Tools Lite

Version: 5.0.1.0406

1) License checking
    You offer a free version that doesn't require a license yet it still makes regular connections to the internet to check for the presence of a license.

2) Misleading menu options
    When installing the program I was confused where the "Free" option was, seeing only personal and business which required the purchase of a serial key. Then I noticed the blue text on the bottom which normally signifies an internet link.

If I had designed a menu like this for my college programming classes the project would have been rejected and I would have failed the assignment.

3) Anonymous Usage Statistics
    I unchecked this box when installing the program. When I look in Preferences > General I see that it's still set to allow and have to uncheck it again there.

4) Quick Mount
    I find this gives me less control over which drive holds an image than the previous method for Add/Remove Virtual Devices gave me.

5) Auto insert notification
    This option is now missing from device parameters.

6) You call that a manual?
    While checking if Auto insert notification had been moved to somewhere else I tried Help > Manual. Which is just a link to the website. The search function really did not help at all. Looking under "Device options dialog" it shows the option right there where it's always been until now.

If you can't get little things like installation options or menus right then why would I ever purchase the paid version?
    Last edited by SKARD; 04.04.2015, 19:59.
Working...
X