unable to install SPTD driver on Windows 8

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• unable to install SPTD driver on Windows 8

Hello, I used DT only once long ago but also way before virtual drives and images became as popular as today (2009ish).

My new laptop has Windows 8 and doesn't have a CD drive, and while Windows 8 has its own native ISO-mount feature, it seems an issue (or an oversight by all the developers) was that some old software and games still want to make sure they are in a CD drive to run and not just install (I guess because of SafeDisc and all that).
    Recently I tested DT on a virtual drive (using SCSI) on my older laptop (Windows 7) where it was tenacious getting it to work there as well but it eventually worked perfectly for a 2006 DVD game (where I used SCSI).

Unfortunately can't say the same for my Windows 8 laptop, because when I choose to install the SPTD driver my computer restarts and the Windows repair screen launches and then I have to revert the driver to use my laptop. Maybe I can upgrade to Windows 10 but I'm a little skeptical about that.

My specs:
    Operating System: Windows 8.1 64-bit (6.3, Build 9600)
    System Manufacturer: Hewlett-Packard
    System Model: HP Pavilion Sleekbook 15
    BIOS: F.1B
    Processor: AMD A8-4555M APU with Radeon(tm) HD Graphics (4 CPUs), ~1.6GHz

Hi,

Do you have any Blue screens after SPTD installation? Is your older Windows 7 laptop HP vendor too?
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Working...
    X