Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 23

Thread: SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD after installing SPTD driver on Windows 8.1

Customer

Is your system set up to write debugging information at all ?
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...(v=vs.85).aspx

Have you installed SPTD 1.89 or 2.11 (which is only for Win10) ?

P.S.: To disable SPTD double-click the DWORD value named 'Start' on the right and change the 'Value data' to 4.
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Quote Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
    Is your system set up to write debugging information at all ?
    https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/lib...(v=vs.85).aspx

Have you installed SPTD 1.89 or 2.11 (which is only for Win10) ?

P.S.: To disable SPTD double-click the DWORD value named 'Start' on the right and change the 'Value data' to 4.
    Yes, it is.

Quote Originally Posted by b_n3gativ3 View Post
    There is no such file in C:\Windows. I tried without setting sysdm.cpl to record it and then with setting it but unfortunately the result is the same. What I did is clean install of Windows then I installed all the necessary drivers and finally I installed DAEMON Tools Ultra 5 with the latest SPTD driver to cause the BSOD but I do not get a Minidump file after the BSOD occurs.
    Quote Originally Posted by b_n3gativ3 View Post
    I think I found out why I do not have this file. Simply because after I get this error message I do not get a blue screen for example like this one. Whatever I do I get only the error message without the BSOD. Maybe If the error message switches into a BSOD then I will have this file. Sorry for misleading you but I thought that this error message is actually the BSOD on Windows 8.1... Any suggestions ?
    I have installed SPTD v1.89 X64 (64 bit). I don't want to disable it. I want to fix it in order to use it. "Mount an image to Physical device" feature requires this driver and I need this feature. Otherwise I will do clean install of Windows for some 15 minutes and use the program I want with its original disc without making it a backup copy. Unfortunately this will lead to wearing out the disc but anyway it is an option.

Customer

I've only mentioned the disable method so you can manually remove the sptd.sys and the mentioned registry Key.
    After a reboot you could try a new SPTD Installation.

And btw. what you see is just the "new" bluescreen without details.
    To change that have a look here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...een-in-windows
    Last edited by Terramex : 27.01.2017 at 00:17
    I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

I've only mentioned the disable method so you can manually remove the sptd.sys and the mentioned registry Key.
    After a reboot you could try a new SPTD Installation.

And btw. what you see is just the "new" bluescreen without details.
    To change that have a look here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...een-in-windows
    Is it possible to fix this BSOD If I update Windows ? This happens on clean install. Will the situation be different on fully updated Windows ?

Customer

It would be worth a try.
    Either way, I would Install that hotfix and edit the registry as described in the Microsoft link above.
    That way you get a better crash analysis.

It would be worth a try.
    Either way, I would Install that hotfix and edit the registry as described in the Microsoft link above.
    That way you get a better crash analysis.
    I gave up on this. Today I did clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate with Service Pack 1 (x64). I installed DAEMON Tools Ultra and the SPTD driver and there was no BSOD like before but unfortunately when I tried to mount to psysical drive It gave me the error "Can't attach to non-ATAPI device" on DAEMON Tools Ultra 5 and "No devices were found" on version 4.1.0 (I tried both versions).
    Any ideas how to fix this ?
    Last edited by b_n3gativ3 : 28.01.2017 at 17:46

Customer

Which motherboard do you have ?

Do you have ImgBurn installed ?
    If not, please download from here and install: MajorGeeks.Com - MajorGeeks

Run ImgBurn, choose any mode (e.g. Discovery), select your optical drive under 'Destination', then open Tools/Drive -> Family Tree
    Which controller & driver is listed in the Family Tree window ?

Which motherboard do you have ?

Which controller & driver is listed in the Family Tree window ?
    Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	136.9 KB
ID:	1802

Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	1803 <-- This is after I deleted Daemon Tools Ultra 5 and its SPTD driver with Revo Uninstaller Pro
    Last edited by b_n3gativ3 : 30.01.2017 at 12:24

Customer

We need a tracing log of your system.
    Official support will get in touch with you and will give you instructions and a download link for the tracing tool.

Administrator

Hello,

It gave me the error "Can't attach to non-ATAPI device" on DAEMON Tools Ultra 5 and "No devices were found" on version 4.1.0 (I tried both versions).
    Any ideas how to fix this? - Yes, we need trace a boot logs regarding this issue. Maybe SPTD doesn't detect correctly the device connection. Please mail on support-eml@disc-soft.com
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast