Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD after installing SPTD driver on Windows 8.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
    It would be worth a try.
    Either way, I would Install that hotfix and edit the registry as described in the Microsoft link above.
    That way you get a better crash analysis.
    I gave up on this. Today I did clean install of Windows 7 Ultimate with Service Pack 1 (x64). I installed DAEMON Tools Ultra and the SPTD driver and there was no BSOD like before but unfortunately when I tried to mount to psysical drive It gave me the error "Can't attach to non-ATAPI device" on DAEMON Tools Ultra 5 and "No devices were found" on version 4.1.0 (I tried both versions).
    Any ideas how to fix this ?
    Last edited by b_n3gativ3; 28.01.2017, 18:46.

Comment

Which motherboard do you have ?

Do you have ImgBurn installed ?
      If not, please download from here and install: MajorGeeks.Com - MajorGeeks

Run ImgBurn, choose any mode (e.g. Discovery), select your optical drive under 'Destination', then open Tools/Drive -> Family Tree
      Which controller & driver is listed in the Family Tree window ?
      I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
        Which motherboard do you have ?

Which controller & driver is listed in the Family Tree window ?
        Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	136.9 KB
ID:	193610

Name:	2.jpg
Size:	49.1 KB
ID:	193611 <-- This is after I deleted Daemon Tools Ultra 5 and its SPTD driver with Revo Uninstaller Pro
        Last edited by b_n3gativ3; 30.01.2017, 13:24.

Comment

We need a tracing log of your system.
          Official support will get in touch with you and will give you instructions and a download link for the tracing tool.
          I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Hello,

It gave me the error "Can't attach to non-ATAPI device" on DAEMON Tools Ultra 5 and "No devices were found" on version 4.1.0 (I tried both versions).
            Any ideas how to fix this? - Yes, we need trace a boot logs regarding this issue. Maybe SPTD doesn't detect correctly the device connection. Please mail on support-eml@disc-soft.com
            Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Originally Posted by SUPPORT1 View Post
              Hello,

It gave me the error "Can't attach to non-ATAPI device" on DAEMON Tools Ultra 5 and "No devices were found" on version 4.1.0 (I tried both versions).
              Any ideas how to fix this? - Yes, we need trace a boot logs regarding this issue. Maybe SPTD doesn't detect correctly the device connection. Please mail on support-eml@disc-soft.com
              Dear Customer,
              Thank you for contacting our support team.

The mount to physical device feature don't work with non-ATAPI devices.
              Please specify what Windows OS? Please also specify the SPTD version that installed.

Can you also tell what controller is used to your CD-ROM? You see it please go to Device manager - DVD\CD-ROM drivers. Select your optical drive and go to View - Devices by connection where you can see the connection type (as example look at screenshots):

Name:	1.jpg
Size:	43.7 KB
ID:	193612

Name:	2.jpg
Size:	54.9 KB
ID:	193613

Here is how the situation looks like on my PC:

Name:	3.jpg
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	193614

I still cannot understand what is wrong and why I get this freaking message "No devices were found"... Maybe the CD-ROM should be connected to ATA Channel 0 not 1. I don't know...
              Please, help me fix this issue !

Comment

Hello,

We sent you required steps yesterday. Have you got it? In case no please provide another email for correspondence. Also please check the SPAM folder, the replies might be accidentally forwarded to a SPAM folder.
                Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Originally Posted by SUPPORT1 View Post
                  Hello,

We sent you required steps yesterday. Have you got it? In case no please provide another email for correspondence. Also please check the SPAM folder, the replies might be accidentally forwarded to a SPAM folder.
                  I didn't receive anything. Could you please resend your reply ?

Comment

Working...
                  X