Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD after installing SPTD driver on Windows 8.1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SYSTEM_THREAD_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED BSOD after installing SPTD driver on Windows 8.1

Hello everyone,

I get BSOD with the above-mentioned error immediately after the restart which is required in order for the SPTD driver to take effect.
    I use:
    Windows 8.1 Enterprise with Update (x64) - DVD (English)
    File Name: en_windows_8.1_enterprise_with_update_x64_dvd_6054 382.iso
    SHA1: B7DD748446D89B9449A160CDC24BD282989BBD96
    and also last available versions of DAEMON Tools Ultra and the SPTD driver.

I would like to request a MODERATOR to resolve this issue !

Thanks in advance for your attention !

Hello,

Can you share the dump file?
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Originally Posted by SUPPORT1 View Post
      Hello,

Can you share the dump file?
      Where I can find this file ?

Comment

The dump file location is C:\windows\Minidump.

If the file doesn't exist then setup your system to record it:
        Go to Start and type in sysdm.cpl and press EnterClick on the Advanced tab
        Click on the Startup and Recovery Settings button
        Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked
        Under the Write Debugging Information, header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box
        Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

The dump file location is C:\windows\Minidump.

If the file doesn't exist then setup your system to record it:
          Go to Start and type in sysdm.cpl and press EnterClick on the Advanced tab
          Click on the Startup and Recovery Settings button
          Ensure that Automatically restart is unchecked
          Under the Write Debugging Information, header select Small memory dump (256 kB) in the dropdown box
          There is no such file in C:\Windows. I tried without setting sysdm.cpl to record it and then with setting it but unfortunately the result is the same. What I did is clean install of Windows then I installed all the necessary drivers and finally I installed DAEMON Tools Ultra 5 with the latest SPTD driver to cause the BSOD but I do not get a Minidump file after the BSOD occurs.

Comment

I think I found out why I do not have this file. Simply because after I get this error message I do not get a blue screen for example like this one. Whatever I do I get only the error message without the BSOD. Maybe If the error message switches into a BSOD then I will have this file. Sorry for misleading you but I thought that this error message is actually the BSOD on Windows 8.1... Any suggestions ?

Comment

Hello,

Please also try to remove SPTD from a system using an application SPTDinst (C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Ultra). Reboot a PC and try reproduce the problem.
              Don't worry! Be Happy!

Comment

Hello,

Please also try to remove SPTD from a system using an application SPTDinst (C:\Program Files\DAEMON Tools Ultra). Reboot a PC and try reproduce the problem.
                I cannot remove it because when I run SPTDinst I have install button only probably because the driver was not installed properly as It required a restart for the changes to take effect but when I restart I got the above-mentioned error message.

Comment

Does this sptd key exists ? If so, what's the 'Start' value on the right ?
                  Click image for larger version

Name:	sptd.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	193607
                  I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Originally Posted by Terramex View Post
                    Does this sptd key exists ? If so, what's the 'Start' value on the right ?
                    [ATTACH=CONFIG]1798[/ATTACH]

Name:	1.jpg
Size:	123.1 KB
ID:	193608

Name:	2.jpg
Size:	110.1 KB
ID:	193609

Comment

Is your system set up to write debugging information at all ?

Have you installed SPTD 1.89 or 2.11 (which is only for Win10) ?

P.S.: To disable SPTD double-click the DWORD value named 'Start' on the right and change the 'Value data' to 4.
                      I'm not employed by Disc Soft and my views do not necessarily reflect the ones of the company.

Comment

Is your system set up to write debugging information at all ?

Have you installed SPTD 1.89 or 2.11 (which is only for Win10) ?

P.S.: To disable SPTD double-click the DWORD value named 'Start' on the right and change the 'Value data' to 4.
                        Yes, it is.

Originally Posted by b_n3gativ3 View Post
                        There is no such file in C:\Windows. I tried without setting sysdm.cpl to record it and then with setting it but unfortunately the result is the same. What I did is clean install of Windows then I installed all the necessary drivers and finally I installed DAEMON Tools Ultra 5 with the latest SPTD driver to cause the BSOD but I do not get a Minidump file after the BSOD occurs.
                        Originally Posted by b_n3gativ3 View Post
                        I think I found out why I do not have this file. Simply because after I get this error message I do not get a blue screen for example like this one. Whatever I do I get only the error message without the BSOD. Maybe If the error message switches into a BSOD then I will have this file. Sorry for misleading you but I thought that this error message is actually the BSOD on Windows 8.1... Any suggestions ?
                        I have installed SPTD v1.89 X64 (64 bit). I don't want to disable it. I want to fix it in order to use it. "Mount an image to Physical device" feature requires this driver and I need this feature. Otherwise I will do clean install of Windows for some 15 minutes and use the program I want with its original disc without making it a backup copy. Unfortunately this will lead to wearing out the disc but anyway it is an option.

Comment

I've only mentioned the disable method so you can manually remove the sptd.sys and the mentioned registry Key.
                          After a reboot you could try a new SPTD Installation.

And btw. what you see is just the "new" bluescreen without details.
                          To change that have a look here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...een-in-windows
                          Last edited by Terramex; 27.01.2017, 01:17.

Comment

I've only mentioned the disable method so you can manually remove the sptd.sys and the mentioned registry Key.
                            After a reboot you could try a new SPTD Installation.

And btw. what you see is just the "new" bluescreen without details.
                            To change that have a look here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/...een-in-windows
                            Is it possible to fix this BSOD If I update Windows ? This happens on clean install. Will the situation be different on fully updated Windows ?

Comment

It would be worth a try.
                              Either way, I would Install that hotfix and edit the registry as described in the Microsoft link above.
                              That way you get a better crash analysis.

Comment

Working...
                              X