Showing results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Problems with creating Image from DVD with 'probably' bad sector copy protection

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Problems with creating Image from DVD with 'probably' bad sector copy protection

Hello,

I'm using DT Pro Advanced 8.1.1.0666 to rip my own media. I bought recently the SpellForce Collection (2nd Edition). It contains 4 DVDs from which I could copy no. 2-4 without problems (I don't know anymore if they had a copy protection but the images are working).
    But DVD no.1 is troublesome. I never saw something like this before because it seems to have bad sectors all over the disc. I don't know which copy protection it has. But SF1 had I think a mix of starforce/safedisc and securom(old).
    Normally the first 10000 sectors or so are affected but this is different. Every 3000 sectors it contains hundreds of bad blocks. I don't know how I should handle it. I tried SecuROM old and ProtectDISK profile. The first just doesn't work it errors out immediatly whatever options I set. The second one works and after around 12 hours or so (7.5GB disc) I have the image (I tried it with hw ecc on and off).

Now comes the strange part: The installations starts fine but around 66% it can't find the files to copy and cancels installation. I checked the image and it seems that a 2nd setup.bin file which the setup tries to unpack at ~66% is corrupted. I assume that all data on the 2nd layer of this dvd is corrupted hence why the installation cancels at 66%.

I am pretty sad that this is the first time I can't copy a dvd with Daemon Tools.
    I'm trying now Alcohol 52% with advanced sector scanning which doesnt take THAT long like DT. Maybe this time it will work. I'll post the results later.
    The disc is 100% clean and setup is working without problems when run from it.

Can anybody help?
    Last edited by GothicIII : 19.04.2017 at 22:23