Showing results 1 to 5 of 5

Thread: How to disable Daemon Tools Lite 10.7 *NEW* Catch feature permanently

Default How to disable Daemon Tools Lite 10.7 *NEW* Catch feature permanently

This new feature in daemon tools 10.7 does not interest me and I do not want it enabled. In the settings I can deselect the feature and it disappears from windows explorer however at next reboot it is re-enabled in windows explorer even though the setting in daemon tools remains deselected. How do I make sure that every time I reboot my computer this setting is disabled?

Administrator

Hello,

Open registry (Win+R) and remove HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\\{26afdb68-5aba-49cb-9207-f4b7fcdbc980. Search this key "26afdb68-5aba-49cb-9207-f4b7fcdbc980".
    The catch folder will be removed then.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

thank you for your reply. Unfortunately your fix does not work once the computer is rebooted. I have had a look at your program and it appears that the DiscSoftBusServiceLite.exe file is creating the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\\{26afdb68-5aba-49cb-9207-f4b7fcdbc980} with default values everytime it is run. I confirmed this by

1. stopping the service "Disc Soft Lite Bus Service"
    2. deleting the registry key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\\{26afdb68-5aba-49cb-9207-f4b7fcdbc980}
    3. restarting the service "Disc Soft Lite Bus Service"

at this point the registry key was created again.......this seems right because the registry key did not exist so a new one is created.

then to confirm i did this

1. i changed the registry setting HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\\{26afdb68-5aba-49cb-9207-f4b7fcdbc980}\System.IsPinnedToNameSpaceTree from 1 to 0. This is the setting that causes the explorer "Catch!" to show.
    2. I stopped and restarted the service "Disc Soft Lite Bus Service"

upon restarting the service the "Catch!" explorer icon returns and viewing the registry key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\\{26afdb68-5aba-49cb-9207-f4b7fcdbc980} the setting System.IsPinnedToNameSpaceTree has changed back to 1.

your DiscSoftBusServiceLite.exe needs to be changed so that it checks to see if the registry key HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\\{26afdb68-5aba-49cb-9207-f4b7fcdbc980} already exists and if it does then do not create it. Only create the registry key if it does not exist.

Regards,

pottzman

Administrator

Hello,

Correct, the Catch folder appears after PC reboot, however, "Enable" setting is off. It's a bug, will be fixed ASAP.

Steps above actual if DTLite is removing completely from the PC.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

okay thankyou.....also the "Enable/Disable" Catch! setting actually deletes the entire HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\\{26afdb68-5aba-49cb-9207-f4b7fcdbc980} key but to actually remove "Catch!" folder from explorer it only has to change the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\\{26afdb68-5aba-49cb-9207-f4b7fcdbc980}\System.IsPinnedToNameSpaceTree dword from 1 to 0. If you delete the entire key then it will be recreated at next boot, assuming you use my logic in above post!