Showing results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: DT Lite not working after January 2018 Win7 updates

New User

Default DT Lite not working after January 2018 Win7 updates

Hello, after the recent round of Microsoft updates for January 2018 (specifically KB4056894), my Daemon Tools Lite 4.48.1 with SPTD 1.84 stopped working (after YEARS working OK) on my Win7 SP1 machine.
    The usual two images which I am used to use with DT Lite since MANY years, are no more correctly handled by DT Lite.
    Anytime I try to reach or do something with SPTD it asks for its installation and reboot but that installation does not succeed and upon reboot it asks again for its installation.
    Indeed the SPTD options in DT Lite have become grayed-out after KB4056894.
    I uninstalled 4.48 with 1.84 from my machine (as fully as I could and it was a hard job: lots of leftovers on disk and on the registry) and then tried installing Daemon Tools Lite 10.7.0 with SPTD 2.11 on that same machine but no success with my two images.
    I also tried installing Daemon Tools Lite 10.7.0 with SPTD 2.11 on a Win7 SP1 machine with all the Microsoft updates (including KB4056894) but where DT was never installed before: still no success in using my two images.
    Did the latest Meltdown/Spectre round of January 2018 updates from Microsoft changed something that will require a new version of DT Lite and/or SPTD?
    Can someone help?
    Thx

Administrator

Hello,

Correct, that this problem started appearing after Meltdown Kernel Fix Update (Windows6.1-KB4056897-x64.msu) or January 2018 Cumulative update (Windows6.1-KB4056894-x64.msu) in Windows 7. After removing KB4056897 (only this update as the cumulative update does not affect this problem) everything works fine again.

We're studying this issue to release hotfix ASAP. Our apologies for the inconvenience.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

New User

Any estimate on when a fixed Daemon Tools Lite with SPTD might become available?
    Thx

Administrator

Hello,

It's already available, The latest DT Lite 10.7.1 has the fix. Please update current version to the new one to fix.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

New User

Great, thank you.
    Is there a way in which I can obtain the full installer for the the latest DT Lite 10.7.1 instead of "DTLiteInstaller.exe"?

Administrator

Hello,

Yes, if you have the DTLite license key, the required setup is available for downloading in the personal account. The free version gets only via DT Downloader.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

New User

OK, thx.
    I am not expecting to find 10.7.1, but is there a way to retrieve the most up-to-date as possible free DT Lite for Windows XP SP3 32bit?

Administrator

Hello,

Only if you have a DTLite license key. The only latest version goes as free. Compatible versions of DT with different Win OS are available for paid customers only.
    Don't worry! Be Happy!

New User

Unlike all the other previous DT Lite installations, the SPTD driver was not among the available options while installing DT Lite 10.7.1.
    So if, after 10.7.1 installation, I try adding a SCSI drive it won't let me do it.
    I need the SPTD driver in order to use the exact same images I've now been using for years with DT Lite without a single problem (happy DT user for years up to now).
    As far as my knowledge is concerned the SPTD driver was negatively impacted by the Microsoft updates above mentioned (Microsoft updates which I will not remove).
    Since I mentioned SPTD clearly in my first message, I don't get why you told me that 10.7.1 is the fixed version.
    Is there a way to fix this, whether with some suggestion(s) or with new software from the Daemon Tools team?