Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will it to possible to have a portable version?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will it to possible to have a portable version?

I know that a driver is always installed for the image mounting softwares but is there any possibility to get daemon to be a portable version so that it can be run from cd or removable devices such as USB storage device?

The only way to do it would be without the driver (like you can do with Alcohol), but since the driver pretty much *IS* Daemon Tools, that would make it useless.

Comment

Ya the driver is absolutely necesssary, so unless someone makes a way to install/uninstall is with a little script i doubt it ill work.

Comment

Maybe you could port the driver to linux and use a live distro.

Comment

If it were possible and I got permission from The Daemon Tools administration, I know a team that would be more than willing to give it a try to make it portable. All we need is written permission to alter the program and the source code. I haven't researched it to see if you have the source posted or see what license the program falls under, but if we have written permission, licenses are negligent.

Comment

I wouldn't hold your breath. The source code is closely guarded so as to prevent the CP companies (SecuROM, Starforce, etc.) from figuring out how they trick the CP into recognizing a copy as an original.

Comment

what you're mean?

Originally Posted by Jito463 View Post
              The only way to do it would be without the driver (like you can do with Alcohol), but since the driver pretty much *IS* Daemon Tools, that would make it useless.
              are same engine for daemon with alcohol?

Comment

Working...
              X