Cant install Daemon Tolls 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cant install Daemon Tolls 4

I always get this screen when i try to install.

I uninstalled old version 3.47, manually removed registry entries, deleted d347bus.sys, d347prt.sys and checked
    device manager.

Have you tried to press "OK" there?

Comment

That screen is normal that is because of SPTD-Driver installation (at least I believe it was the SPTD-Driver)... you should reboot and then normally DT-Installation should start automatically, if not then you just need to start it normally and everything should be fine...
      Last edited by ghost_zero; 20.11.2005, 13:14.

Comment

Sure i pressed OK and i was rebooting about 4 times.
        I am getting the message again and again....

Comment

note this is not a valid command but will return two different kind of error messages

Is the sptd driver active? (note this is not a valid command but will return two different kind of error messages) try typing 'net stop sptd' on the command line.

if you see 'The specified service does not exist as an installed service' then for some reason SPTD is not running. If you don't see that message then the driver is running but something is broken.
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

I have this same problem, I let the v4 installer remove 3.47, and tried to install v4, but it continues to ask to reboot in the SPTD setup section. I tried installations in safe mode and normal operation, but it ALWAYS wants to install SPTD and then reboot.

I am running Windows 2003 Standard on a dual core 3800+, if either could be a factor.

Comment

I hope somone has an idea soon

Originally Posted by Shadow-kun
              I have this same problem, I let the v4 installer remove 3.47, and tried to install v4, but it continues to ask to reboot in the SPTD setup section. I tried installations in safe mode and normal operation, but it ALWAYS wants to install SPTD and then reboot.

I am running Windows 2003 Standard on a dual core 3800+, if either could be a factor.
              Dood same problem...

daemon goes to install SCSI (SPTD), it says it needs to reboot and continue installation. It

reboots and no installation continues, if it does it goes to the the SCSI STPD and repeats.
              I am running XP PRO svc pack 2 i have a nforce 4 DFI motherboard and also a x2 3800,

Is it nforce 4 mobo or DEP(data execution program) a feature on athlon 64 chips enbaled by XP?

I changed option boot.ini alwaysoff and removed my AV still endless install loop....
              Last edited by nerc; 25.11.2005, 03:32.

Comment

you guys thinkin problem will go away ...?

how come no one is reasearching this prob? I need help cant play king kong

Comment

This happens to me as well. I am runnin Windows 2003 Standard. And I tried running the program in compatibility mode with XP.

Comment

I have the same problem! After upgrading to 4.00 it keeps asking for reboot,

I am running windows XP home,

can someone help me?

Comment

I also have the same problem but it says that sptd cannot be stopped right now and few errorc occure and than all ia can do i restart, PLEASE Help. 2 sata drives maxtor 300gb, 2 pioneer drives dvr 110 and nforce 2 ultra 400 with asus gforce 6800 ultra!

Thanx
                      All living things must come to an end And all man's creations crumble That is the law of the samurai

Comment

Did you guys check out "My system won't boot after installation of v4, or problems with SPTD.SYS" from Common Problems and Solutions?
                        "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Yes, i tried that but it doesnt help me.

This is what he says :

And please try to help me !!! I Cannot install it and I try everything.

Tnx

PS sorry for m y bad english.
                          All living things must come to an end And all man's creations crumble That is the law of the samurai

Comment

Do you still have Daemon Tools v3.x installed on your system (even just partially because of an unsuccessful deinstallation process)? If so, please manually uninstall the remains. Be sure that no traces of Daemon Tools (any version) are left on your system before trying to reinstall DTv4.
                            "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

No I install a dt4 on a fresh copy of win xp sp2. As i also mentioned before i had 2xmaxtor sata 300gb disks and on ide controller 2xpioneer dvr 110 and av is kaspersky 5, firewall is zone alarm 6 but I install dt4 on system without anything and still no go. And i try everything. I also have latest nvidija nforce drivers 89.5 and 5.10 nforce chipset drivers.

PlEASE help because this is a big problem for me and losts of my friends.

PS sorry for my bad english.

Comment

Working...
                              X