Ufo aftershock patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ufo aftershock patch

I was having the game working with dt4 and all cd roms unpluged. And the game has a huge bug that crashes out in windows each time you fight a wargot missions, so i needed the patch. After i installed the patch i think it updated starforce or something because every time i try to play it it reboots my pc, and apparantely im not the only one who experienced this after the patch was released.

the same happened to me...game started ok before patch...now i get an replace disc error...

i think they updated the starforce protection system...it is funny that many people were waiting for this patch to repair the many bugs that crashed the original release but instead the developers/publishers focused in updating the protection system...

Comment

well as i was sayng rebooting my pc happend before when i tried to play the game. It even happens now when i try to play splinter cell etc. But after the patch it kept rebooting every time i tried to play it . I even tried to uninstall the game, use starforce removal toll, reinstall it and its still the same thing. Can some one help me or tell me why this is happening?

Comment

I have sata HDD and 2 optical units on secondary ata channel so i updated game , went to device manager , disable parallel ata channel and IT WORKS (it didn't work with sfnightmare)

Comment

Check with A-ray Scanner if the copy protection got updated.

Comment

I have tested this myself.

v1.0
            [21:09:30 PM] StarForce 3.6.10.03 detected -> D:\UFO Aftershock\protect.dll
            [21:09:33 PM] StarForce detected -> D:\UFO Aftershock\UFO.exe

v1.1
            [21:10:26 PM] StarForce 3.6.10.07 detected -> D:\UFO Aftershock\protect.dll
            [21:10:29 PM] StarForce detected -> D:\UFO Aftershock\UFO.exe

Image made using latest A120% SF3 profile.
            IDE drives unplugged.
            Mounted in D-Tools v4

Works with no trouble.
            Goodnight Brave Warrior, Goodnight Monster-land..

Comment

Yep , same porblem here.
              The game worked fine before I installed the patch

Comment

KITNA: thanx for the protection versions!

RUTZUI: did you bought nForce 4 chipset MB, sure? On some
                configuration nForce2/3/4 was high chance to play SF 3.5-3.6
                game. At me simplest to use SFNightmare

Anyway who has problems with playing the game WHY not
                lined the configuration/parameters/update version, we are
                read it,but don't know what helps.
                When I have a problem simple BACKUP
                my game Savefiles and try SFDVRUP
                (Nov.03, 2005). NEXT Uninstall the game, use SFClean, REBOOT and rein-
                stall the game. Update to the latest
                and try playing...
                Last edited by Wolverin; 02.12.2005, 14:21.

Comment

No problems guys ...

The update to UFO AS 1.1 updates the starforce driver as well.
                  But no reboot was requierd or forced.
                  A reboot is alway necessary after updating the starforce drivers so ....

Reboot after installed 1.1 and no problmes ...
                  (Yet another starforce bug ... hehehe)

It's a windoof, so reboot as often as you can .... to get it run

Comment

Works fine for me (with or without reboot).

Mounted image in DT4, installed it, turned off PC and disconnected power from CD-Rom drives (disabling in BIOS didn't work), rebooted and ran the game - worked fine. Installed the patch, ran the game - worked fine.

I do have a nice clean machine though - only ever had Daemon tools 3.47 and now 4.00. Never had Alcohol on it, or tried any of the various SF workarounds like SFCure and SFNightmare.

Good job I say, and when the IDE jammer appears it'll be perfect.

Comment

Last week I installed Splinter Cell Chaos Theory+v1.04/v1.05
                      Update patch I played etc. Then evening installed Cossacks 2
                      and after it some of my SF protected games was didn't works,
                      SCCT absolutely didn't run, so I run SFDRVUP (03.nov) and
                      VOILA all working fine! I guess the Starforce drivers was not
                      compatible Up/Down protection versions but my games didn't
                      need to REINSTALL,when I freshed the drivers all working
                      after REBOOT.. Specially Eh? Little bit angry and time-sux...

Comment

Working...
                      X