Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pop t2t problems

hey...

I just got pop t2t and i have problems getting it to work. I have tried starforce nightmare and starfuck with no succes. The only other solution I hae found is to disconnect my ide drives but I am using a laptop and i don't want to mess to much with the hardware.... anyone have other solutions....?

You might try disabling your optical drive in Device Manager. Try disabling the drive first. If that doesn't work disable the IDE channel it is on. Keep in mind that ALL devices on that channel will be disabled. So if your harddrive is also on it don't do it.

On my rig I have to physically disable my burner. Nothing else helps.

I read that VirtualDrive 10 Pro works for some folks. It has a CD disable option. Seems to me it's nothing more than what you can do in Device Manager but maybe it is different. Haven't tried it myself due to problems I've read about it from other posts.

Comment

Removing the drive is the only way. I've a laptop, too. And for me it's really easy to remove it, just pull at one button and that's all.
      Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

i hate it when that is nescessary but de "ide jammer" wil fix it.....right???

Comment

Right, and before you or someone else will ask. Its done when its done...
          You weak pathetic fool, it's all to easy
          sysProfile (Click me)

Comment

We all know that the ide jammer will be "done when its done", you do not need to quote the daemon tools team, as though you are part of the team. Also in the quote at the end of your comment, "You weak pathetic fool, itґs all to easy", it should be "You weak pathetic fool, it's all too easy". I hope this helps you for the future.

Comment

just open ure case up " remove Power leads to your CD/Roms then" turn ure comp back on run game

Comment

Farstone VirtualDrive or GameDrive 10 DIDN'T works for me..
                to hide SF 3.5-3.6 (IF the really simple/short SFNightmare
                doesn't...)
                So I heard some guys need to be reinstall WinXP when used
                these stuffs. As i see the Starforce 3.5-3.6 has 2 Media/IDE
                checks, NO SOFTWARE has to hide any physical IDE port.
                Maybe Daemon Pro's IDE-jammer??
                Opps, I want to say on my Gericom laptop works some of
                the games when I GET OFF the DVD-drive physically.
                Works SF 3.5 games and SecuROM 7 too with SFNightmare.
                Install the game, physically UNPLUG the drive and use SFN
                only DISABLE CD after I Mounts a good Image with DT4
                (EMULATION -> ALL OPTIONS ON).

Comment

well I already tried virtual drive 10 pro and it doesn't work.... I also tried to remove the drive from device manager... i guess I have to disconnect my drives.... well thanks to all who tried to help

Comment

If you have to go the route with unplugging your optical drives to get games going and you do not want to keep plugging them back in when you need to use them then consider a USB optical drive or cheaper yet a USB2IDE adaptor for your current burner.

I use a USB2IDE adaptor for my burner. It sits on my desk and when I need to use it I just plug in the USB connector. Since it's not plugged in when I run a game the protection does not see it. But it might not see it even if it is plugged in because it is USB but I suspect one day that won't be the case.

I also read that ATA PCI cards are also not detected. You could install one of these and attach your burner to that. Haven't tried this myself.

Comment

Maybe Daemon Pro's IDE-jammer??
                      Daemon-Tools Pro will not have an IDE-Jammer.
                      It will have an vIDE-Drive. The IDE-Jammer will be an "plugin" of DT v4 and will hide the IDE Drives some kind like SFN, so with it SD 4 and SR 7 will work perfetcly, some SF versions, too i think. The vIDE-Drive will be an Virtual IDE Drive, at the moment DT use a SCSI Driver to create an virtual drive, the vIDE will be an IDE drive (with no scsi driver), so that SF will completly work with this, SD4 and SR 7 of course.
                      Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Re: DAEMON Tools Pro

Nice descriptions but I don't see why DAEMON Tools Pro couldn't have an IDE-Jammer. The more features the better. You'll probably be able to choose to use an IDE or SCSI device in DAEMON Tools Pro.
                        the modern world:
                        net helpmsg 4006

Comment

why should u use a virtual scsi if u could use a vIDE???
                          btw if u have a vIDE the ide jammer isn't necessary any more.:wink:
                          My sysProfile!

Comment

Originally Posted by LooDos
                            why should u use a virtual scsi if u could use a vIDE???
                            btw if u have a vIDE the ide jammer isn't necessary any more.:wink:
                            exactly

Comment

Hey I have 2 quick questions:

First:
                              Is it possible to instead of physically unplug your IDE drives to go to bios and there in the cmos disable your dvd drive.
                              For example I would have to go to:
                              Standard CMOS features->IDE secondary Master->IDE secondary master-> then I have three options 1)None 2)Auto 3)Manual. Now if I set it to none will that have the same effect as unplugging my IDE drives physically. And will I be able to simply restore my drives by selecting Auto again.

Second: D-tools V.4 won't work with my PC, now I read that you have to have debuig software disabled. Now I did not even know what it was or if it was on my PC, I tried searching for it and couldn't find it. But today I went to msconfig to my services and saw "machine debug Manager" there. Am I correct to assume that that is causing my trouble with D.V4, and is turing it off like this enough to not interfere with V4 http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;321410

In any case thnx in advance for any help.

Comment

Working...
                              X