Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 44

Thread: Guide to using extra programs/addons/tools/registry hacks with the latest games

Any ideas why Ramdrive is not working?I have a CD version of the game Rise and Fall CaW and tried a new way to play from image.Installed Ramdisk software and it made 900MB harddrive in my memory , i placed the image in this ramdrive , mounted and tried to play but again no luck.The disc can't be identified or something like this.HDD blocking shouldn't be a problem because everything is in the memory.

Experienced User

Data read windows drivers. When run from mini-image, data not read. Its GENEREATED without any calls to windows drivers.

So i should understand tat the only way to bypass some of the versions is the minimage?And the usb drive method of course.Thank you.

Experienced User

Run from usb with RPMS dont work. From v. 3.7.13.0. DT hide usb devices from starforce. But now, starforce see them all.
    I repeate: mini-image only for the games, that dont have "ISO protect". ISO protect - check for full image. Starforce check all disk by sectors, that read random. Order and CRC of sectors read from last 5 sectors in the end of the disk. This sectors created by Starforce. Also starforce basic run perfect from full image.

New User

I've done the ISCSI Method with the Flatout2 Full Image but it has the same error "Disk can not be identified"
    Can anyone tell me where is the problime and what to do???

New User

Ausrufezeichen

Quote Originally Posted by AnalCobra
    #1 iSCSI Method
    Games like Flatout 2 ...
    For this method you actually need 2 pcs, one who has the image mounted and shares the virtual drive in the network and another which has access to this drive. The 2nd pc is the play pc.
    You can use virtual machine (like VMware Workststion 5) instead remote network PC (with Alcohol120%).

I tested this modified method with FlatOut2 (DVD, Buka) today. All working fine !

* Setup VMware (phisical HDD/ HOST Only network connection)
    * Install WinXP on VM.
    * Install Alcohol120% on VM.
    * Share virtual drive in Alcohol120%.
    * Setup network connection between VMware & main OS.
    * Start Initiator (MS or StarPort).
    * Mount & Load MDS/MDF-image in Alcohol120%.
    * Run game in main OS.

PS: Details in russian. Sorry for my English.

New User

Maybe a better option is to use Microsoft Virtual PC which is free of charge. One can download it here.

Master

I don't believe that will work as I'm fairly certain you cannot access the drives from a VirtualPC instance (guest) from your primary Windows install (host).

Default ...

Quote Originally Posted by Jito463
    I don't believe that will work as I'm fairly certain you cannot access the drives from a VirtualPC instance (guest) from your primary Windows install (host).
    I think it will work because it's not folder or drive sharing- it is shared via network access as a function of Alcohol 120 %'s iSCSI feature and not some Microsoft Virtual PC feature.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

for me the iSCSI method only works, if i burn the image on a dvd with special mediacode, and mount the actual dvd on the other PC. with DT it does not work this way (at least with .b6t image).

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast