Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Showing results 11 to 20 of 53

Thread: system hangs after installing sptd.sys

Quote Originally Posted by badyie
    Do u still have the ncq fix ?
    or do u know where i can find it ? it s no more available in the nvidia site
    The "fix" (I guess) is merely a setting in the IDE driver provided by nVidia nForce drivers. Device Manager->ATA/IDE->nForce.... or something. I do not use the nVidia drivers, thus, the NCQ disabling is not available.

Master

@kburton
    There is no virtual drive software for Vista x64 that I'm aware of.

Quote Originally Posted by zaphman
    The "fix" (I guess) is merely a setting in the IDE driver provided by nVidia nForce drivers. Device Manager->ATA/IDE->nForce.... or something. I do not use the nVidia drivers, thus, the NCQ disabling is not available.
    I had some probs with the PATA drivers from nForce with my recent ASUS 8N-E mobo. Its the nForce drivers which cause the problem. In the device manager goto the IDE/ATA/ATAPI section, get the properties of the nVidia Parallel ATA an do a Roll Back on the Driver tab. You will then get a standard Microsoft driver, which works just as fine as long you have no freaky RAID/Mirror in use.

Mobo Firmware and nForce driver updates are mentioned as being helpfull, but since this worked for me, i haven't tried it.

Unglücklich

I just tried to install Daemon Tools for the first time and am having this BSOD error. Happens with Alcohol 120% and 52% too. I tried most of the fixes here but none of them worked

Frage I to have this problem an ive found out why

My machine wasnt booting after i installed DT, so i went through trying to fnd out what was conflicting with the SPTD.sys.

Finally after a couple of hours unplugging things i found that my logitech webcam pro 5000 was to blame, if i have the webcam plugged in my machine wont boot, if i unplug it the machine will boot on the other hand if i remove SPTD.sys i can boot my machine with my webcam in.

I was wondering if anyone else has found this or what would be better if anyone knows a fix for this?

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by DezLint
    My machine wasnt booting after i installed DT, so i went through trying to fnd out what was conflicting with the SPTD.sys.

Finally after a couple of hours unplugging things i found that my logitech webcam pro 5000 was to blame, if i have the webcam plugged in my machine wont boot, if i unplug it the machine will boot on the other hand if i remove SPTD.sys i can boot my machine with my webcam in.

I was wondering if anyone else has found this or what would be better if anyone knows a fix for this?

Thanks
    Did you try SPTD 1.25?
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

I have the same Quickcam from Logitech. I had never problems together with Daemon Tools or Alcohol 120% together on my old ASUS board with AMD Processor.

I just bought a "MSI 945P Neo2-F" board and a "Intel P-DUAL 940" processor and now the system doesn't boot after installing daemon Tools or Alcohol 120%.

Experienced User

Strangely for me, my desktop system hanged after installing the latest SPTD driver, but worked again after a cold reboot, but I didnt have any problems on my laptop.

Daumen hoch That appears to have done the job

Well installing SPTD version 1.25 has fixed my problem so far,4 succesful boots. Yay

Unglücklich

I guess the problem is partially solved only.
    I have a new computer which i set up from ground.

Windows XP / SP2 / Winfuture Update Pack 2.11

There was never any old version on it before which could have made some trouble.

Tried to install Daemon Tools 4.03.
    1.) It installed the sptd stuff.
    2.) It rebooted propperly after that.
    3.) It Finished the Installation of daemontools.
    4.) Didn't boot anymore.

Same Problem with Alcohol 120% (tried on a restored clean image)
    Last edited by ralphberner : 06.07.2006 at 13:31

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast