Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Files/folders 6 or more levels in depth MAY NOT be read.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Files/folders 6 or more levels in depth MAY NOT be read.

Files and folders which are 6 levels in depth, for example the path on the virtual drive :

H:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET 2003\Vb7\VBProjectItems\Local Project Items\Code

cannot be read. I've noticed this on 2 occassions. If you browse the virtual drive the file appears there, and it DOES exist in the ISO or other image file, but if you try to go and do something with it, an error from the application pops up telling you that it cant be read or doesnt exist.

I do not use Easy CD Creator and did not have any other installed Virtual Drives installed. My version of daemon tools is 3.23

I assume this has something to do with non-standard ISO9660 compliant imaging?

This is pure limitation inside CDFS and has nothing to do with virtual drive. If your image has been successfuly mounted then to read it correctly is the task of OS.

Comment

I am finding a similar problem while trying to install Visual Studio .NET.

The following file can't be read directly from the DVD disk, but not from an ISO of the dvd disk mounted with Daemon tools.
      Code:
      v:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\FrameworkSDK\Samples\QuickStart\winforms\samples\data\webservicebinding\vb\client\web references\localhost\SimpleCustomersWebService.wsdl
      I have manually confirmed the file can be extracted from the ISO image using winimage. My testing hasn't gone as far as mounting it with another virtual cd package.

In the same directory the following file can be read when mounted using daemon tools:
      Code:
      v:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio .NET\FrameworkSDK\Samples\QuickStart\winforms\samples\data\webservicebinding\vb\client\web references\localhost\SimpleCustomersWebService.vb
      The entire path of the readable file is 2 characters shorter than the unreadable file.

I have found a microsoft technet article at http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;320567explaining that Visual Studio .NET install problems can be a result of a buggy dvd firmware (in this case).

Any thoughts/ideas?

- Mapson

Comment

Can you dump your DVD without errors from virtual drive?
        And how you made image of your DVD?

Comment

Working...
        X