Windows Low-Memory Error!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Low-Memory Error!

Before I got error on Low-Memory Resources, I've run an unsused dll-searching software and after that I restarted windows. After I restarted, it didn't boot normally, as it were hanged-up. I restarted it in Safe-Mode and
    remove the start-up programs on registry entry one-by-one. I figured out that everytime windows tries to run this "C:\Program Files\D-Tools\daemon.exe" -lang 1033" from the registry, my system starts to go slow, until it stops responding. I pressed Ctll-Alt-Del and the message
    "The system is running out of memory,.....etc." I have tried uninstalliing Daemon Tools and install it again, but the same problem occured.
    Please help!

Low Memory Error!

btw, my OS is Win98 SE, Daemon Tools ver.3.23.

Comment

I've run an unsused dll-searching software
      Whatґs that and why donґt uninstall such crap first!?
      Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
      They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Low-Mem Error!

First, thanks for your reply Copytrooper, I appreciate it.
        I have already done it, uninstalling the software which is suppose to
        be searching for unused dll's on windows/system directory, but still,
        I received that kind of error again. Maybe I'll still wait for other
        replies before I reinstall my Win OS.

Thanks again!

Comment

Well, if youґve to re-install Windows a few hints:
          1. Do never ever install such crappy dll-search-tools or other system cleaners! They WILL cause trouble for sure!
          2. You donґt need to edit the registry to disable single programs while booting - just run msconfig and click on the autostart-entry where you can disable and enable whatever you want.
          3. Iґm afraid your dll-cleaner deleted some important dlls ... is there no backup-directory where this great program stored the deleted dlls?
          Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
          They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Low Memory Error!

Thanks for the hints

Well I forgot to check the backup-directory where the
            application software(dll-cleaner) placed its erased/moved(?) files.

Comment

Windows Low-Memory Error!

At LAST I've found the bug(?) which daemon tools didn't seem to recognize
              (sorry for my approach )

Well, these are my instructions on dealing with the error:
              1. First, I BACKED-UP my registry by going to c:\windows,
              typed attrib -r -h -s system.dat
              attrib -r -h -s user.dat
              copy system.dat system.lit
              copy user.dat user.lit
              *** files with ".lit" extension names are my back-up copy***
              attrib +r +h +s system.dat
              attrib +r +h +s user.dat

2. I executed registry editor, search for the string "stealth" and
              deleted entries which I think low-version daemon-tools
              have wrote on the registry such as STLTH, STL323, STL and
              points to a Generic Stealth CD/DVD drive

3. I deleted the file "st324kj.mpd" from c:\windows\system\iosubsys directory and the file "c:\windows\system\st324bus.vxd"

4. After deletion of files, I restarted my computer and IT DID STARTS VERY NEATLY!!!

5. I installed the daemon 3.26 version and VOILA! it is GOING WELL
              AGAIN!

BEFORE YOU TRY THIS PROCEDURE, PLEASE HAVE YOURSELF READY FOR YOUR WINDOWS INSTALLATION AND BACK-UP YOUR FILES!!!
              EVEN IF MY SYSTEM WORKS AFTER THE SAID PROCEDURE, I DON'T KNOW IF IT WILL WORK FOR YOU TOO. I WROTE THIS BECAUSE I ONLY WANT TO INFORM EVERYBODY OF HOW THE PREVIOUS VERSIONS OF DAEMON TOOLS GAVE REGISTRY A HUGE TRASH OF ENTRIES SPECIALLY WHEN YOU ARE GOING TO MOUNT 2-3 VIRTUAL DRIVES.

TO VENOM386, PLEASE MAKE A TOOL FOR CLEANING THE REGISTRY WIPING THE OLD AND NO-USE ENTRIES CREATED BY PREVIOUS VERSIONS OF DAEMON-TOOLS.

MORE POWER TO YOU DAEMON-TOOLS! YOU ARE REALLY OF GREAT HELP FOR US!!!

Comment

Working...
              X