Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Windows doesnt recognize the virtual drive?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows doesnt recognize the virtual drive?

Just as an example ->
    I install Warcraft 3 from a cue\iso, works great.
    I try to run Warcraft 3 with the virtual drive as the cd-rom.
    All it does is, it spins the original cd-rom, and "ignores?" the virtual drives, it doesnt search them for content...
    Any idea what might be the problem? Worked just fine with Windows XP (another computer though)..

How did you create such cue/bin file?

Comment

actually, its a cue\ccd...
      i just ran regular settings CloneCD copy.. i think

Comment

You should try reading cd with sub-channel enabled. You could also try sub-channel emulation.

Comment

sub-channel emulation? what's that?

And, when you say read the CD with sub-channel enabled, you mean make image with sub-chan enabled?

Comment

Right-click virtual drive, select emulations, check securom.

Yes, make image with sub-channel.

Comment

I've tried with SecuROM emulation enabled, actually worked with Warcraft III Map Editor, but the game doesnt, i find it really strange..
              Seems as Blizzard has a lock on the tool itself or something..

Comment

Remake image with alcohol 120 and use securom new 4.8x datatype.

Comment

Newer Versions of Warcraft III can be possible protected with the newer Version of Securom V4.8x AND it's possible that this new charge contains disc WITH physical structure. So please try to read you Image with Alcohol120% and use "Securom V4.8x" - Profile, that should do the trick

Comment

Even though SecuROM protection is updated to 4.84.x in latest WC3 patches, itґs still sub-channel based only, so no need for DPM with Alcoholґs SecuROM 4.8x profile, normal SecuROM profile with hardware able to read and write sub-channel data should still do the trick.
                    Iґm able to run WC3 from Daemon Tools virtual drive with bin/cue-image and enabled SecuROM emulation without any problems - even with newest patch 1.11!
                    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
                    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
                    X