Missing hard drive!- Solved - Please ignore

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Missing hard drive!- Solved - Please ignore

[PLEASE IGNORE THIS POST] The problem was that somehow the cable came loose in the box. Don't ask how, I don't know. It was coincidental that it occurred just as I installed DT.
    -------------

I have three hard drives c, e and f. I have a game image on F, and using DT run it quite well. The problem is that after a while, the disc that contains the disk seems to have "disappeared". At some point, Windows XP froze up for a bit, then gave an error (running on memory now) about Error writing... MFT table could not be found.

Since, my F disk is no longer findable, even after re-booting, and Windows thinks that my F disk is now a CD ROM. It does, however still read the image, which is residing on disk F.

So the hardware is fine, and even the ability for Win to speak to my hard drive is fine, it just mistakes the image for the drive. I cannot access F, even if I reboot in DOS mode.

Can someone offer some suggestions as to how I could proceed to get my disk back? I'll tackle running games again when I get my disk working.

Any help appreciated. Thanks.
    Last edited by Zeph; 26.02.2006, 22:17. Reason: Problem solved. Loose cable inside box.

Further information:

I looked up the system events log: Here are several of the consecutive entries

The device, \Device\Ide\IdePort5, is not ready for access yet.

The driver detected a controller error on \Device\Harddisk0\D.

An error was detected on device \Device\Harddisk0\D during a paging operation.

The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur.

{Delayed Write Failed} Windows was unable to save all the data for the file . The data has been lost. This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection. Please try to save this file elsewhere.

{Delayed Write Failed} Windows was unable to save all the data for the file . The data has been lost. This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection. Please try to save this file elsewhere.

Application popup: Windows - Delayed Write Failed : Windows was unable to save all the data for the file F:\$Mft. The data has been lost. This error may be caused by a failure of your computer hardware or network connection. Please try to save this file elsewhere.

The device 'WDC WD800JB-00FSA0' (IDE\DiskWDC_WD800JB-00FSA0______________________77.07W77\4457572d414d4 44a393137303237_034_0_0_0_0) disappeared from the system without first being prepared for removal.

The system failed to flush data to the transaction log. Corruption may occur.

Comment

Working...
    X