Computer slows after mounting an image

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer slows after mounting an image

Everytime that I try to mount any image file using daemon tools, my computer's CPU useage goes to 100%, and everything is slow; even my mouse lags. The images I mounted were SWAT4, Age of Mythology, and Age of Mythology: Titans. I have a new computer, and I never encountered this problem on my previous one. The specs for it are:

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core
    ASUS A8N SLI Series Motherboard
    2 GIGs Ram
    Windows XP Home Edition SP2

The images are stored on a Maxtor OneTouch II storage drive, but I also moved them over to my SATA harddrive, and they still slowed down my computer. Also, I mounted the same images with PowerISO, and they worked fine. But I prefer Daemon and would really like to get it to work. Any ideas?

Never mind. I figured it out. I didn't have safedisc emulation on...

Comment

The problem is now re-occurring. It was working yesterday and today up until this point when i restarted my computer (and all the drives unmounted? this never happened before...) so when i tried to mount them again, I had the slow down problem again. This is really frustrating me, and is causing a lot of problems. My computer froze up solid last time, and i must resolve this problem! Please help!

Comment

Working...
      X