Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Problem reading cds possibly linked to daemon tools?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem reading cds possibly linked to daemon tools?

ok first of all i must say the support on this forum is exellent thanks for the quick reply in my last thread

I've found this problem with 2 newer games right out of the box, max payne and wc3 the frozen throne. The autoplay works fine i can install them and browse the cd and go through the cds folders but when i go to launch either games with the real legit cds in my drive it gives me the "cannot find cd, please insert it" speel. I think it may have something to do with daemon tools because i rarely dl stuff like that and it worked fine (i played the game) then fiddled with daemon tools and mounted an image or something and now they mysteriously dont work. Its just these 2 games though, my original wc3, morrowind, starcraft etc... work fine (all with legit original cds) so its pretty weird. Any suggestions guys? Or at least a way to play the games after installation? i uninstalled d-tools and no effect... any ideas? does it leave something behind?

thanks again guys, cool site/forum and helpful apps )

I guess, you installed the original Games, then installed Daemon Tools.

Maybe your driveletters changed trough this installation, and it's possible the Games you mentioned look for the driveletter the game where installed from!

You can simply try to uninstall the 2 mentioned Games, then reinstall them from your real drive, or search the registry for this 2 games and change the driveletter if it's stored there. It's also possible that you installed another software like a Copyprogram (f.e. CloneCD) or something similar and the Games recognize that and stop working.

So please report back what software you installed before the games stop working

Comment

the only thing i really installed was blindwrite i think it was called, would that change anything? So to fix it uninstall the games and reinstall them? i tried that and it had no affect .

"change the driveletter if it's stored there" how do i do that? thanks...

i downloaded a torrent of frozen throne with all the cues and whatever mounted it used my cd key and it installed and ran, i had to quit though and then when i tried to get back on same problem... if i have to mount it and reinstall it everytime its kind of inconvenient....

and i was thinking do any of these options like autolock and such would they help at all?

thanks again for the quick help

Comment

i downloaded a torrent of frozen throne with all the cues and whatever
        can you please explain it to me what you mean?

Comment

since my cd drive thing is having trouble reading those 2 cds i downloaded them off of Bittorrent (sort of like kazaa) and they have all the cue and bin files (basically the stuff you mount images with) so i had the cd contents on my hard drive and it ran fine but as soon as i unmount the cd (even if i remount it) i require a reinstall to get it to work again : (

Comment

Sorry, can't help you with downloaded files.

Comment

Working...
            X