Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Star force 3.07 toca race driver 3 virtual ide?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Star force 3.07 toca race driver 3 virtual ide?!

SO just recently I'v been reading up on star force protection. Suffice to say its a pain in the beeehind. I cant crack any of my games that use it as of yet. Now I am moderately new to this but I'm moderately advanced with computing. Games include trackmania sunrise and race driver 2. I havnt tried either physically unplugging my ide cables or disabling them in BIOS but I did try SFN. No luck. Created image from original installation disk using alcohol 120% an mounted with daemon tools 4.03.

Any suggestions on where i may be going wrong?! Oh and another really annoying thing. Daemon tools uses my on board raid controller (Its linked with another controler) to host the virtual drive....ironically this in theory needs disabling on recent versionsof starforce for it to work?! (My RAId controller isnt even used.....1 SATA disk..... 1 UATA and 1 UATA toshiba (its compatible) cdrom drive.)

Finally this may be of extreme interest to some people but I had an idea!

---------------------
    You can get a program called virtual server/pc. In order for this to work must iot not have a virtual ide drive? as surely it wouldnt use the real drive....the whole thing is virtual.
    just a thought
    ----------------------

Hope you guys can help

tops up to Daemon tools btw. keep up the great work.

regards

Jon bartlam

starforce problem my daemon tool uses onbord raid

the daemon tool uses the onboard raid when i disable my raid it is unable to use the daemon tools.

i have tried a number of different techniques but nothing works

Comment

I don't know what you mean when you say "the daemon tool uses the onboard raid"
      the modern world:
      net helpmsg 4006

Comment

if my raid controllers are not installed, means that daemon can`t work?

Comment

Well on my new pc, which uses the ABIT KN8 Ultra motherboard (nForce 4), I can simply disable P-ATA from device manager, and run it with the mounted image.

Comment

Working...
          X