Drives went "missing"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Drives went "missing"

My system is an Nf4 AMD system and I am using nVidia's SATA raid and I only have one other optical drive. I am running Xp x64 and I installed DT 4.03. I think it worked once but now all my optical drives are not present in explorer. It's a new build/install so I may have imagined them working . The first time I noticed I got no response after mounting an image All 4 DT drives and my DVD-R drive had exclaimiations in Device manager. Uninstall/reinstall has made them look healthy in the device manager, but they still are not present in explorer.

The drivers listed in all devices are
    Cdrom.sys
    redbook.sys
    storprop.dll
    imapi.sys
    PxHlpa64.sys

Can anyone recommend some steps to take to get things working the way I want them to?

same problem...i'm trying to fix it at the moment...if i do, i'll post how.

Comment

Microsoft support is here to help you with Microsoft products. Find how-to articles, videos, and training for Microsoft Copilot, Microsoft 365, Windows, Surface, and more.

Originally Posted by MSKB
      SYMPTOMS
      After you remove either compact disc (CD) recording software or other software from your computer, your computer may exhibit the following behavior:
      In My Computer, there is no access to your CD-ROMs.
      In Device Manager, the following error message appears in connection with any CD-ROM device that is part of your computer system:
      The device is not working properly because Windows cannot load the drivers required for this device (Code 31).
      Device Manager displays the following error message:
      A driver for this device was not required, and has been disabled (Code 32 or Code 31).
      You may also receive an error Code 39 message that indicates that the driver is corrupted.

Device Manager displays the following error Code 19 message, which means that the registry returned some unknown result:
      Your registry might be corrupted. (Code 19)
      You may also receive the following error message:
      Windows successfully loaded the device driver for this hardware but cannot find the hardware device. (Code 41)
      RESOLUTION
      Warning Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
      To resolve this behavior, follow these steps:
      1. Start Registry Editor (Regedt32.exe).
      2. Locate the UpperFilters value under the following key in the registry:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
      3. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.
      4. Locate the LowerFilters value under the same key in the registry:
      HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
      5. On the Edit menu, click Delete, and then click OK.
      6. Quit Registry Editor.NOTE: After you remove the Upperfilters value and the Lowerfilters value, if you notice lost functionality in a particular program, such as CD recording software, you may need to reinstall that software. If the problem recurs, consult with the software vendor for assistance.

7. Restart your computer.

huzzah!

..about to reboot and see if it worked...if it didn't...i'll post again, if it did, i won't.

Comment

Originally Posted by phut
        http://support.microsoft.com/default...kb;[LN];314060

huzzah!

..about to reboot and see if it worked...if it didn't...i'll post again, if it did, i won't.

I had the same problem, and this note SOLVED it, but be careful where you delete lower and upper filters, on my system the mentioned key was in the reg-base 21 times controling keyboard ,mouse, USB storage and so on.. If you delete the wrong once you may not be able to start the system again.

Comment

i have the same problem except my CD/DVD combo drive doesnt even show up in device manager at all???
          Should i change the registry too??

Comment

Originally Posted by mattybop4
            i have the same problem except my CD/DVD combo drive doesnt even show up in device manager at all???
            Should i change the registry too??
            Same problem as Matty

Should we change the reg.

Comment

Working...
            X