No announcement yet.

Computer crashed, wont start up again.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Computer crashed, wont start up again.

Just after Daemon 3.33 finished installing I got that quick blue screen that flashes and my computer immediately shut down. It will not start. It goes to the Dell load up screen and u can access Setup but then wont go any furthur. Any help? Is my system fried? Is there anything I can do? Please help

Please post full system specs and what os you use. Hit F5 repeatedly as soon as you turn on your computer. From there, choose last good config. Then post your latest dmp from C:\windows\minidump (if you have win2k/xp).

Comment

Thanks this fixed the problem!

Do I have to do anything else like delete something?

Comment

You should delete C:\windows\system32\drivers\st3???.sys and pnp???.sys.

Comment

BSOD on Startup after installing version 3.33

I got the BSOD on Startup after installing version 3.33. I fixed it by removing PNP BIOS Extension in Safe mode, rebooting, and installing version 3.23 instead.

Compaq Armada 1750 (440BX Chipset)
          PII 333MHZ 192 MB RAM
          Fresh install of XP Pro SP1, nothing else.

Any reason why v3.33 would BSOD my laptop? Works fine on all other PC's, some with same MB chipset.

Thanks

Comment

@supercoolfool: What other software do you have? Please email your latest minidump file from C:\windows\minidump to andareed@daemon-tools.cc.

Comment

Sorry, I already uninstalled version 3.33, and used 3.23 which seems to work OK.

I had no other software installed but Win XP Pro SP1, it was a fresh install

If I still have the minidump file, I'll send it....

Comment

Working...
              X