starforce dvd writer warning

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• starforce dvd writer warning

Just a quickie: I have recently been trying touse my writer. This is since installing 3.(07 toca race driver 3) starforce drivers. My cd writer keeps burn failing (physical disks....not images) on wmp and nero 7......uninstallation of the star force drivers solves the problem. I have contacted starforce on this matter and will let you know of the results (I use a toshiba DVD writer ftr)

just a fore warning if any of you are having problems

regards

Jon
    P.S. DO NOT TAKE THIS as the be all and end all that starforce WILL break your writer. It is just a heads up on what might be causing any problems anyone may be having with their writers while starforce is present. I know of some people.

I also had probz with starforce and optical drives. in my case, my dvd drive, which i used to play sf games, was stuck in PIO mode. I had to follow 13th Hours instructions to restore it to DMA mode. I would advise EVERYBODY who play sf games via physical drives to check what mode their drives are running in.
    device manager -> IDE ATA/ATAPI CONTROLLERS -> [ur optical drive ide channel]->properties->advanced settings.

after that, i uninstalled every sf game and put them away for good.

Comment

ok. Im working through the possible causes currently.Starforce, Although I have a STRONG disliking towards them, have been very supportive and communications have been fast and polite. I must say their customer service is something of a shock. I expected it to be like their software. crap and invasive. Good customer service anyway.

So far we have tried:
      uninstalling nero
      Uninstalling alcohol
      Disabling devices
      Reinstalling IDE controllers
      disabling daemon
      uninstalling starforce drivers
      updating starforce drivers

Ive now restored my computer to its current state. no luck.

Something I have overlooked may be spyware? Ill check it now but Im VERY careful about the software I download so is unlikely to be any. I use spybot s&d. a free highly thought of tool.

Regards

Jon
      P.S. Ill get back to you if it fixes it

Comment

Working...
      X