X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tycoon City + SecuROM

Seems older topic is gone missing?

Anyway..

Mounted the image with deamon tools, got CureROM (Both latest versions).. set all like it should.. but still says can't verify the cd.

Same for when using antisecurom when starting the file

The forums are moderated which is why your posts don't show up immediately.
    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

I think he meant the thread about Tyconn City which was started some days ago and has now
      disappeared...I just can't understand why it has been deleted

Anyway, how did you create your image?
      Last edited by FordPrefect; 08.03.2006, 20:56.

Comment

an exact 1:1 copy by using alcohol, mounting that with d-tools.

Keeping it like that, starting game says: Emulation Software detected! Disable etc..

Hiding with CureROM bypasses the detection, however.. it doesn't find the CD to be the game (no cd inserted or another cd).

Starting the game with antisecurom doesn't seem to work either, and gives same msg as when using curerom

Comment

Is the error something like 'Original disc could not be found or authenticated'?
          In that case your image has bad DPM (or no DPM at all).

Comment

Yeah, that's the one.. So basicly i should make a new image, but with high precision and low speed? (made last one quick, so.. maybe that)

Thanks for the help

Comment

more help with tycoon city

def1ant, if previous advice didn't help, i suggest you make sure you set the CureRom profile correctly:
              1. install CureRom.
              2. mount the Tycoon City: NY image file on your virtual drive and install the game.
              3. enable all options on Daemon Tools.
              4. run CureRom, and set the profile as following:
              5. choose the game's *.exe file (usually in c:\program files\atari) as the application.
              6. in the next window, choose the relevant Daemon Tools virtual drive, and then the game's image file.
              7. finish the CureRom setting.
              8. you should then have a new Deamon icon on your desktop, named however you named the CureRom profile. click ok. then use this new shortcut, and NOT the original shortcut of the game. that should work.

good Luck!

Comment

Originally Posted by winstonsmith
                def1ant, if previous advice didn't help, i suggest you make sure you set the CureRom profile correctly:
                1. install CureRom.
                2. mount the Tycoon City: NY image file on your virtual drive and install the game.
                3. enable all options on Daemon Tools.
                4. run CureRom, and set the profile as following:
                5. choose the game's *.exe file (usually in c:\program files\atari) as the application.
                6. in the next window, choose the relevant Daemon Tools virtual drive, and then the game's image file.
                7. finish the CureRom setting.
                8. you should then have a new Deamon icon on your desktop, named however you named the CureRom profile. click ok. then use this new shortcut, and NOT the original shortcut of the game. that should work.

good Luck!

It doesn't work for me T__T
                I don't know why...

Comment

Originally Posted by gamergirl
                  It doesn't work for me T__T
                  I don't know why...
                  Have you tried CureROM 2.0.2? You could also try CureROM Lite Beta 2.
                  CureROM Support Team

Comment

@gamergirl:
                    Or try the SecuromLoader 1.2 from the Download Section.
                    If it's still not working, recreate your image and make sure you have a good DPM.

Comment

Working...
                    X