Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual Drives not displaying

Hi

I have a rather strange problem. After formating my hard drive I reinstalled all my programms, games, etc.
    When I installed d-tools today I noticed that the virtual drive wasnt showing in the explorer.
    I checked deamon tools and when I tried to change the drive letter it gave me an error.
    I unistalled d-tools and tried alcohol120% and although the virtual drive options in alcohol let me set the numbers of virtual drives, they never showed up, neither in explorer, nor in alcohol itself.
    But what I did notice was an unknown device in device manager that poped up after installing.
    I have been using both tools, had them installed together at some times and never had a problem similar to this.
    If anybody has any idea what coudl fix this, i'd be very grateful

I running win xp sp 2 btw

What version of DAEMON Tools are you using? Did you get any error messages when installing DAEMON Tools? You could always uninstall and reinstall to see if everything performs flawlessly.

What is the exact error message you receive when trying to change the drive letter using the DAEMON Tools tray icon? Is that the only error message you see from DAEMON Tools?

Can you upload a screenshot or give a description of the problematic device in the device manager?
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

I used daemon403-x86.exe
      I had absolutely no errors at all, neither during setup nor when daemnon tools started.

When changing the drive letter I got this error:

And here is the screen of my device manager.

When i deinstall the unkown device I get this error and dtools crashes (and wont startp up again until I search the device manager for changed hardware):

I can mount images, but they'll never appear

I tried an older version of alcohol and after rebooting the unknown device was recognized as "vax347s scsi controller", the automatic installer found the drivers and the installation worked out, the controllers were listed under "raid and scsi controllers". However it still didn't work. So I uninstalled everything rebooted and wanted to try again but now, although neither daemon tools or alcohol are installed, there are 2 unknown devices if I choose "show hidden hardware"
      Last edited by nikl; 11.03.2006, 01:24.

Comment

Ok I formated once more and reinstalled and its working now so nevermind.
        Thanks anyway, Underheaven!

Comment

Oh, I or anybody else didn't reply in enought time . Heh, yea. Glad you got it working.
          the modern world:
          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Originally Posted by nikl
            Ok I formated once more and reinstalled and its working now so nevermind.
            Thanks anyway, Underheaven!
            i got same problem..buth i dont wana formate my drives..is there eny other solution?

Comment

Working...
            X