Problem with DVD drive functions

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Problem with DVD drive functions

Hi, I desperatly need help with my DVD RW DRU-700A Sony double layer drive.
    The problem is that I lost same functions of that device.
    Problem start when I install new Deamon tools v.4. Immediately I uninstall that program, done rebootings,scanings and restorings ,but the problem still exsist. The problem is that my DVD only can read CD ROM disk up to 800 MB . Anything more then that which is in form of DVD can not be read. It simply freez windows or I get massage that computer is not respondig when I insert DVD disk intoo the drive. I have check all drivers,run Sony DVD=flash utility to update firmware and without any success.Interesting, any original DVD disk can be read with no problem . It looks that only problem is with the DVD disk which were burn previously in my case on that device. I do not know anything about recording ( in any form )at this stage ,because I am simply afraid to do anything what could make it worst then it is.
    I do not know if this problem is only concernig this specifivc DVD model or generally can effect any other DVD. If sombody have solution or stragle with similar symptoms please shere your findings.

Ps. I run windows xp pro with SP2, 1.5 Gig of DDR RAM

Thank you,
    Johnny

Try using the drive in another machine. This would let you know if its a hardware or software issue.
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

To be honest, not to burst anyone's bubble, but I had the same exact problem, when installing the latest daemon-tools, with the same exact sony dual layer DVD-RW, as well as a slower bootup into windows. I know it's not a hardware issue, and it did not occur until after I installed D-Tools 4.03, that's why I reverted back to using version 3.47, was because of, instability, crashes, and it interfering with my DVD-RW, and bootup. For me to fix the problem, I restored windows with my restore disc, to delete any trace of D-tools v4.03, the sptd layer, and used v3.47 instead, and have not had a problem since.

Maybe this is something the daemon tools devs can look into(I'm asking politely), and possibly fix with the next release.

I want to support D-tools, by the searchbar, because it is an excellent program, but can't cause v4.03 still causes problems with my system, crashes etc..., So I'm forced to still use v3.47

Sorry to mention this, I don't mean anything insulting or offending by it
      Xtemulation - Emulation News and Downloads
      Xtemulation Forums - Emulation Support

Comment

try uninstalling and reinstalling the device

Comment

I tray all above. Looks that my DVD gone for good.
          But now I have problem ? what happen when I install new one which I just bought.

Comment

Working...
          X