Virtual Daemon Manager on server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual Daemon Manager on server

hi guys, wanna ask u all whether i can install this virtual daemon manager on a server and allow user to use it without install on their own pc but through network? currently doing a website for a school, this web site allow user to upload a entire cd volume into a server by burning the cd into a image first, so i was thinking of allow user download the image and use this virtual daemon manager to mount/unmount it?thx a million

What kind of image access do you want on users local machines?

a)Network file sharing (with or without a drive letter)
    or
    b)actual CD-ROM emulation

When image files are not located on a users local computer the most commonly used method is to install DAEMON Tools on that individual computer and browse for the image file over the network and mount directly.

I'm curious if you have a reason why you should avoid installing DAEMON Tools on the computers?

Remember to check the DAEMON Tools license when installing in a corporate environment (use in schools is free of charge).
    the modern world:
    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

what is daemon tools

hi, guys..i searched throught this web site but cant find information about what this software use for and how to use it? because im really totally new to this software. currently doing school project, is a web application to allow use to upload file into server. my concernis to upload the entire cd volume into the server. read from web, that i can use some cd burning software to burn a cd into an image, and upload it, after that other user allow to download the image, and use this daemon tools to mount it?Am i right to say so?PLease help me, project deadline coming soon.thx a million

Comment

i registered as a member under this forum, but why i can only post reply but cant start a new thread?thx a million if anyone can answer me

Comment

and i got a thing to ask u guys here, did u guys ever try to mount the cd image by using command line switches?recently i use the command line to mount an cd image, the code is like this :
          C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\daemon.exe -mount 0, C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\mind.nrg

its working fine, when i try to mount an cd image on server or remote computer, using code below:
          C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\daemon.exe -mount 0, http://192.1.1.1\WSS1\files\English\...sh1_1\mind.nrg

it shown me an error pop up windows saying that invalid image file.But actually im writing all these code is a .bat file. the code is like that

@ECHO OFF
          START C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\daemon.exe -mount 0, http://192.1.1.1\WSS1\files\English\English1
          \English1_1\mind.nrg

so i want to confrim witth ppl here that anyone this -mount in daemon tools to mount server cd image file b4 or not?

Comment

Did you disable Secure Mode in DT? It blocks all command-line functions when enabled.

Comment

running daemon tools on server

hi guys, anyone here try to install daemon tools on server and mount an CD image in server using a remote PC that within the LAN connection with the server?is it possible to do it?thanks a lot

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven
                What kind of image access do you want on users local machines?

a)Network file sharing (with or without a drive letter)
                or
                b)actual CD-ROM emulation

When image files are not located on a users local computer the most commonly used method is to install DAEMON Tools on that individual computer and browse for the image file over the network and mount directly.

I'm curious if you have a reason why you should avoid installing DAEMON Tools on the computers?

Remember to check the DAEMON Tools license when installing in a corporate environment (use in schools is free of charge).
                The reason why i avoid to install Daemon tools on the computers is some of their PC cant install the Daemon tools on their PC.That the point. And now i have done a method like this, i map a drive in my PC from the server that store the files. Let say Y, and i try to mount the file using the daemon tools installed in the server machine, is it possible to do it?

Comment

Please search

Originally Posted by sinner83478347
                  hi guys, anyone here try to install daemon tools on server and mount an CD image in server using a remote PC that within the LAN connection with the server?is it possible to do it?thanks a lot
                  Search the forum for a thread called 'Daemon Tools on a fileserver'
                  the modern world:
                  net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Hah 2 accounts! The forums are moderated. You posts won't appear right away until you've posted more than 20 posts.
                    the modern world:
                    net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Working...
                    X