MechWarrior4 Headachs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MechWarrior4 Headachs

well i purchased this game from a friend recently and im trying to get a working backup running as the discs are already a little scratched. i used ultraiso to create a iso of disc 2 but it will not read. in the database i see that it is safedisc protected so which option do i need. neither the safedisc in DT or SD4Hide will work. i still get the "please insert disc 2" msg. do i have to buy/dl a trial of alcohol to create a working image or is there somthing else im doing wrong?

To create your image you must use Alcohol 120% or Blindwrite.
    Iso-Files do not store enough copy-protection related information.

Comment

allright. well i just went and purchased alcohol and now i just have to get my discs back from my friend ethan... after i make a new copy (mdf/mds im guessing) will i have to run anything like a extra emulator or just the one in dt 4?

Comment

Make an image with Alchol using the safedisk 2/3 profile. Then just mount the created image with DT 4. YOu won't need any antiblacklisting tools, this is only required for Safedisc 4.6 and Securom 5-7.
        Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

well ive tried backing up with several different profiles and tried mounting in alcohol and DT. so far nothing is working. would just making a disc to disc copy wiyth nero be the best way to go?

Comment

No, Nero does not copy everything that is needed for the copy protection to work.

Use A-Ray scanner (google) to scan the disc for copy protections, then use the right profile for the game in Alcohol. It does work, I've played MW4 (everything except the MechPacks) from images without any troubles.
            "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

im trying to play the mekpacks... ver 3.01a to be exact. well im going to get that prog but what output should i use? in ultra iso and alcohol .iso's dont work and neither do .mdf/.mds's. any suggestions?

Comment

ok i figured it out!!! the game has a static drive letter that it is assigned to. say if you install the game on a cd-rom then play with an iso they will be different drive letters (unless u change them) and it wont find the disk. so to anyone who has problems just install from a backup and you are good.

Comment

You can also change your drive letters by clicking on start->run and type in diskmgmt.msc
                  if you don't want to reinstll the game.
                  Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

...or check the registry for any drive letter that's stored there. However please only do that if you know what you're doing, you may mess up your system if you change the wrong keys in the registry!
                    "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Working...
                    X