Command and Conqueror Generals Installation Problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Command and Conqueror Generals Installation Problem

I created an image of Generals with alcohol 120% at 1x speed with Safedisk 2 template selected. Whenever I mount this image and attempt to install the game I receive this error in the middle of installation "Error 1305: Error reading file C:\Games\Generals\SpeechEnglish.big. Verify that this file exists and that you can access it". The image was created with a Samsung SW-408B.

Anyone have any suggestions at all, I'm willing to try anything. Thx in advance!

Comment

Is this the only game that you've had problems with? Have you tried making the image in a different drive?

Comment

Ya that was my next course of action, unfortunately I don't have access to another drive at work. I will attempt this at home. However, could you advise me on a few issues. What burner could we purchase at work that would be ideal for ripping almost every game? Also is there any settings in Alcohol I might be missing or should look into? Is Alcohol the ideal program for ripping, or should I be experimenting with Blindwrite and CloneCd also? Thanks for the information!

Comment

You should purchase a burner that is capable of efm encoding. This means it should be a 120% burner (alcohol 120) or two sheep (clonecd). Personally, I use a lite-on burner.

This game is protected by safedisc 2. You should make an image with safedisc2 datatype.

Alcohol 120 is the best copying software, imo.

Comment

How do I go about verifying that a burner is 2 sheep? Is there a listing anywhere?

Comment

if you goto www.elby.ch it has listing of burners.

Comment

Working...
              X