Huge SFNightmare problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huge SFNightmare problem

Ok, I have a problem and I can't find any solution for it.

By mistake I clicked 'Disable Pr Master' in SFNightmare and it disabled my main HDD
    Now I can't find a way to get it back working without loosing all data. It sees the HDD but says there's no partition on it and no free space to create new partitionn all 120GB are shown as occupied though. The only solution I see is to 'initialize' it again and format it

Is there anything I can do to reverse the 'disable' proces? I already tried to enable the HDD on other comp but there's no result at all.
    Thx in advance for any advice

is the MFT (Master File Table) missing or corrupt. if yes u can repair it in the windows console by booting from your XP-CD.
    My sysProfile!

Comment

No matter how I connect the disc in my comp or in my friends comp. The disk is shown as with no partition and not initialized.
      How can I repair MFT? Both partitions are 'invisible'.

Comment

bah i managed to recover my hdd and all data on it all i had to do is use the command fixMBR from windows cd command promt.

Comment

There are programs that can restore partitions(ex. partition magic), these programs search partitions erased by mistake.
          Mejor morir de pie, que no vivir de rodillas.

Comment

For me Acronis Disk Director helped. I had a recovery CD which restored the whole pc like it was the first day i used him. So it deleted my secondary, later created, partition. With Acronis Disk Director i could restore the deleted partition. It's a same program like partition magic, mentioned from arisma.
            Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

if u don't own these programms mentioned u simply put in your XP-CD and boot from it. then u have to go into recovery console where u are prompted to enter your admin pw (from your XP installation and not your recent user pw).
              then u enter:

FIXMBR C:
              FIXBOOT C:
              COPY CDDrive:\I386\NTLDR C:\
              COPY CDDrive:\I386|NTDETECT.COM C:\
              BOOTCFG /rebuild

good luck!
              My sysProfile!

Comment

Working...
              X