USB Camera, Stick Not In Explorer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USB Camera, Stick Not In Explorer

WinXP Pro desktop, all the latest critical updates.

I tried to install "daemon403-x86.exe" but it crashed early in the process. I followed the procedure in How to remove DAEMON Tools V4 to deinstall it.

Now my USB camera and memory sticks do not show up in Windows Explorer. They work as expected on my laptop. They show up fine in Device Manager. They also appear in Disk Management and I can assign them drive letters, but even after waiting half an hour Explorer can't access e.g. E:\

I reinstalled the Universal Serial Bus controllers from the advice in the only MS support article I could find but that didn't help either. General USB troubleshooting in Windows XP

Any help to get my USB memory sticks back will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

-- Mark

what's the error message u get if u try to access the camera or the stick?! no device present / device not found?!
    My sysProfile!

Comment

stick the device in, then go to device manager, usb controllers, find and uninstall your usb stick [DO NOT UNISNATLL ANYTHING ELSE].
      reboot, pop it back in, and let windows reinstall the drivers and see if you can access it.

this method helped me out couple of times. see if it works

Comment

what's the error message u get if u try to access the camera or the stick?! no device present / device not found?!
        Well, at first I don't get anything... The stick shows up in both Device Manager | Disk drives | USB Flash Memory USB Device and in Disk Management as a Basic FAT Healthy disk, but it doesn't have a drive letter assigned. I assign it "E:" then type "E:\" in the Address bar of Windows Explorer. On pressing Enter a messagebox displays with this text:

Cannot find 'file:///E:/'. Make sure the path or Internet address is correct.

stick the device in, then go to device manager, usb controllers, find and uninstall your usb stick [DO NOT UNISNATLL ANYTHING ELSE].
        reboot, pop it back in, and let windows reinstall the drivers and see if you can access it.

this method helped me out couple of times. see if it works
        I did. Still the same problem & symptoms.

Frustrating....

Comment

maybe your usb plug or the whole controller is corrupted. try plugging it in on another usb plug!
          My sysProfile!

Comment

after plugging in the usb, go to disk manager and try changing the driver from "E" to something else. if could be that dt set the vdrive automatically, and that drive is E and therez some wierd conflict between driver letters.

Comment

maybe your usb plug or the whole controller is corrupted. try plugging it in on another usb plug!
              I've tried several, including on the back of the computer. No joy.

after plugging in the usb, go to disk manager and try changing the driver from "E" to something else. if could be that dt set the vdrive automatically, and that drive is E and therez some wierd conflict between driver letters.
              I've tried several letters including E:, F:, W: & Z:. Nothing works.

Comment

I'm having the same problem

I read something here: "http://www.experts-exchange.com/Hardware/Q_21634260.html", it doesn't fix anything, but wher i try to read it again to check if i done everything ok they say that i must pay to read it and i donґt want to. maybe it can help you.
                sorry for my english. i donґt practice it for years

Comment

Working...
                X