Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• StarForce, this time always running and inspecting

Where I found this

Gameguru Mania is the world's leading source for PC, PS5, Xbox X, Switch video game news, reviews, previews, cheats, trainers, trailers, walkthroughs, and more.

And then I found the original post

futuremark made the discovory!!!! thats a very respected company, and if its true, starforce are gonna be in deep trouble. rebooting the system forcefully is gonna be a violation of the users system isnt it???
    now starforce cant say beginner level hackers at making all the claims.

Comment

There is a disclaimer posted on the futuremark site.

Futuremark as a company has not done any investigations, research or uncovered anything in regards to StarForce.
      Maybe just a rumour or is there some truth in this? it seems to be the lowest of lows, if true it could open them up to many lawsuits.

It says 'Futuremark as a company' but maybe instead research done by an individual un-officially??

Comment

Originally Posted by lmgava
        Where I found this

Gameguru Mania is the world's leading source for PC, PS5, Xbox X, Switch video game news, reviews, previews, cheats, trainers, trailers, walkthroughs, and more.

And then I found the original post

http://www.glop.org/forum/viewtopic.php?pid=2300#p2300

My post on glop wasnt the start of the finding of the SF rootkit type tactics though, the member of FM forums holds that credit, my post you refered to was simply an experiance with what should have been labelled a virus/rootkit or malware a long time ago.

*note - my comments are my own and not supported by the daemon tools team so any bitching about me calling SF names goes direct to me.*

Comment

Boycotting star force!

And out of interest, why are people trying to boycott starforce?! I can understand everyone, including myself, hates starforce however who are we fighting here. People doing good work can get around it. Some have even removed it from the programming of games (and no, im not lying.....race driver 3 has been known to be on p2p AND working) and are distributing it illegally regardless.....only innocents get bitten in the ass

.....but what about stopping it?! Petitions of people who refuse to buy starforce games should be made and sent to games manufacturers.....people should e-mail games manufacturers about this.

Starforce dont rely on us!!!!

They rely on the games manufacturers....If the games manufacturers know star force is causing a HUGE loss in sales they wont use them!! I think spreading the knowledge and undertaking this might be the only way to get rid of star force for good!

Regards

---
          Disclaimer - *this is included cus star force loves to sue people*. This post is a representation of the authors opinion and by the laws in the authors own country is protected by freedom of speech. The author also does not endorse reverse engineering or illegal distribution of software.

Comment

Many game support forums do have threads posted on this very subject, some of these threads are very passionate & full of people posting examples of their own experiences. Many are saying they will not buy the games if they insist on including this controversial protection.

Comment

Working...
            X