The Elder Scrolls IV - Oblivion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Elder Scrolls IV - Oblivion

Does anyone know what protection method this is using yet and/or how to make a working backup?

I know with the demo performance was increase by using a no-cd patch...

Seems A-Ray scanner doesn't detect anything. Good way to know if it will run from an image is to try...
    Carpe diem

Comment

Does Have a disk spinning up icon when you start it up if so then it's SecuRom It's notStarforce or SmartE Then it's Safedisc

Comment

It doesn't seem to have any protection?

Comment

Seems not.
          Carpe diem

Comment

Hm this is the first highly anticipated modern era game that doesn't have starforce, securom or safedisc (all the 's' protections). It only cd-checks when trying to run.

Comment

just got my shipment. can confirm retail has no copy protection, respect to bethesda for the nice decision, hope oblivion sells loads of copies

Comment

GalCiv2 Didn't use Protection also

Comment

Originally Posted by DavPL
                  just got my shipment. can confirm retail has no copy protection, respect to bethesda for the nice decision, hope oblivion sells loads of copies
                  Agreed... I saw your post DavPL, and immediately went to EB and bought the game...
                  I wasnt originally going to purchase it as I had heard it was protected with securom, but after all the reports of no copy protection, I couldn't wait to get my grubby little mitts on it
                  Installing now....
                  P.S. I love the map that comes inside (A nice touch - reminds me of the old baldurs gate titles... )
                  SpeedLabs Inc. - Welcome to the real world...

Comment

I can't wait until my copy comes in, the game is supposed to be 16 square miles in size.

Comment

That's quite boring, no protection
                      Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

Quite encouraging I'd say

2 major releases recently with no copy protection! ... maybe some of the game developers are now starting to think for themselves over the ineffectiveness of these expensive & sometimes possibly damaging copy-protection measures.

Yes, the 2 games are available to download from various dubious sources, but so too are many copy-protected games.

Customer goodwill is the most important thing in my mind, I think too that some who maybe acquire the game via dubious means could be encouraged to actually buy the game or the next release of it after playing it, game exposure will generate more sales no matter how this is acheved

I hope everyone will go out & buy those 2 games, they certainly have shown trust in releasing them un-protected

Comment

demo?

Is there a demo? I just checked the following site and there are only movies of the 'developer demo'

http://www.happypuppy.com/latestFiles.php?gameid=1500
                          the modern world:
                          net helpmsg 4006

Comment

Just bought it myself as well. Paid a little extra for the "Collector's Edition", but I'm glad I did. Had some nice bonuses in there (collectible coin, map, 112-page guide and a behind the scenes making of the game DVD). And yes, as others have said, it has no copy protection. I wasn't expecting that on a game that is designed for single-player (wish more MP game publishers like EA with BF2 would get that through their heads).

Comment

Originally Posted by Underheaven
                              Is there a demo? I just checked the following site and there are only movies of the 'developer demo'

http://www.happypuppy.com/latestFiles.php?gameid=1500
                              If so, it surely would be available at 3DGamers.com. There was also no demo of TES3, so it is very unlikely. However, as TES4 is a game which heavily relies on high system performance, a demo would be more than only interesting to judge whether the available system is not too slow for the game...
                              The Boardzombie's website.

Comment

Working...
                              X