Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Virtual drivers not showing in Windows explorer

Hi everybody

I messed my daemon tool (v3.3) and I don't know how to clean it all.

I messed it that way: I wanted to reinstall a old game (close combat 3) from an iso file with d-tool. As it went wrong, I followed a forum advice to clean the registry of all entries related to that game. I think that doing that, I also deleted entries made by d-tool.

I unistalled and reinstalled d-tool, but now when I mount images (1 to 4) I never see them in windows explorer. Strangely, another game that require the cd (starcraft) can run when I mount the image. So it seems to be functionning but not accessible.

Any thought ?

olivvv

For manual removal of such obsolete version check these threads:

Reboot after the procedure(s).

Regarding the missing drives in Explorer check this thread:
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

I messed it more

Hi Copytrooper

thanks for replay. Since I didn't saw my post after posting I went through this forum and the old one, and I think messed it more.

I think I had an earlier version as 3.33, perhaps 3.21 or 2.31, but I'm not sure. I'll try to describe my situation.

During three days it was this:
      Whenever I install a newer daemon-tool or alcohol, I do not see the new created drives in Windows explorer. But after a "pseudo fresh" install, Alcohol and DT always show drive already set.

Now, I had the good suprised to install DT 3.2 and he could mount some drives. The thing is that it is doing it in an inconsistant way.

When all Virtual drives are disabled DT is not running, then I have a "fantom" H: drive in Windows exporer with a "?" on the icon. If I run DT and set 4 drives then I got H: monted as a virtual CD. If I set 3, I got still 1 H: drive. With 2 the same.

If I set 1 drive and change device parameter to G:, I loose the virtual CD and gain a fantom H:. If I set it back to H:, it gets mounted again.

I could almost be fine like that, but I'm afraid it could make me some trouble in the future. I would be cool if I can stabilise it all now, and I'm quite afraid to messed it more.

My system looks like that now.

in C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers ther is no
      axv???.sys and no d34x???.sys but there is one st320hg.sys. (creation date is 12/09/2002 strangely).

in device manager I see the "Generic stealth DVD SCSI ROM" drives being set as shown in DT. I have also the ST320HG SCSI Controller.

in regedit:
      I don't have upperfilter lowerfilter. Else I don't know what tell from regedit.

Can you gave me a direction, before I create a bigger mess ? :wink:

olivvv

Comment

hi again

I know my post is messy, sorry. Another thing I noticed is that I have a lot a usb entries in my device-manager. Should I tr4y to delete them ?

I think I gonna now to deinstall my (old) version in safe mode and reinstall and uninstall in safe mode all the version I tried before. My guess is that it may also uninstall my fantom drivers.

Is that stupid ?

Comment

Working...
        X