some troubles on creating image of CD protected by Starforce 3.4.76

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• some troubles on creating image of CD protected by Starforce 3.4.76

hi all. excuse me for my poor english....if i post out of place, please let me know.

i bought a software CD last week, but my notebook that has no CD-ROM, so i need to create CD's image and use DT to mount it.

i know this CD uses some copyprotection to prevent from copying. so i use ClonyXXL to scan it and get report "unknown
    copyprotection" with 5 skeletons. then i use ARay-Scanner and
    it report "found Starforce 3.4.76 in xxxx file on CD" (is ClonyXXL outdated?)

before creating image, i have read many post in this forum and
    sure that i got enough information to deal with it. but i'm stuck.

i use Alcohol 120%(nearly lastest version) to dump image with DPM level set to high and read speed set to 1x. i got a mdf file and a mds file, then i use DT 4.03 to mount the image on my notebook, (there is no CD-ROM so nothing need to be unplugged) and run software, but failed in checking CD.(whether enable RMPS emulations or not)

did i do anything wrong? and what should do?

Yes, ClonyXXL is outdated.
    What error did you get when you start it?
    Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

it takes long time to check the CD in DT virtual drive then informs me the CD is not the original one.

Comment

There is no drive connected to your notebook?
        Try recreating your image with Alcohol by using the DPM option with a slow speed (try 2x,4x).

Comment

i am sure that there is no CD-ROM attached to my notebook.

i have tried to set DPM read speed from 1x to 8x, but all failed.

maybe there is some unknown copyprotections in addition to starforce 3.4.76....

Comment

Did the reading of DPM failed or what failed?
            Uninstall the Starforce drivers and then try it again to read the DPM:

http://onlinesecurity-on.com/downloads/sfdrvrem.zip

Comment

Alcohol didn't report any error during the image dumping. it seems that all thing work well, but i couldn't get the result as expect.

i create the image on a pc without any starforce driver installed. i am sure about that because i have searched for the driver but found nothing.

Comment

i got its *****, so lets pass it. though it's a bit strange that one purchase a software but use the ***** *******...shrug.
                AnalCobra, thank you anyway for your helping.

i will never buy any software or game protected by starforce.
                i have spent at least one week on struggling with it and would not spend any more.

Comment

Working...
                X