Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• data error (cyclic redundancy check)

data error (cyclic redundancy check)

Is this a copy protection or is this just a bad image file? I did a search in the forums but it came up empty. Thanks.

that sounds like a windows error message.

Are you attempting to copy files?
    generally if you can't copy files through windows explorer, u can by making a .BIN/CUE (or any image);
    and extract the files using a tool like CDMAGE.

Comment

Yeah, I'm actually trying to copy from a bin file that's mounted in daemon tools.

Comment

Yeah, I get this same message and I have no clue whats up. Can someone please help?

Comment

The CRC is a very powerful but easily implemented technique to obtain data reliability. The CRC technique is used to protect blocks of data called Frames. Using this technique, the transmitter appends an extra n- bit sequence to every frame called Frame Check Sequence (FCS). The FCS holds redundant information about the frame that helps the transmitter detect errors in the frame. The CRC is one of the most used techniques for error detection in data communications. :wink: :wink: :wink:

Comment

I dont understand :s ??

I dont understand what you mean

I had gta vice city on a crack and i couldnt install it but i sent the file to another copmuter and it was no problem there

An once i installed a game thad had this error and after closing explorer trying everything.... it worked for 1 time

Comment

I had been told by the Daemon Tools staff that the Cyclic Redundancy Check error is definitely a Windows error. I got the error on a Max Payne image that I made with CloneCD nearly a year ago, and the newest versions of Daemon Tools don't read that image correctly.

Comment

It is not Windows error - it is image error! It is caused either by broken image or by something that prevent reading of image (eg. virus/antivirus).

Comment

This is a Windows Error. If you own the original CD (and I will assume you do);
                  please try installing from the original and see if it works. I have a friend that has a slightly messed up GTA:VC install disc. Please note, this is the physical disc. The disc will work fine in one computer and give the Cyclic Redundancy Check error on the other. The error is caused when there are bad sectors at a spot where a file is supposed to be. In the case of an actual cd, this could be caused by fingerprints, hair, scratches, etc. In the case of the image file, it is because the image is bad...period.

Comment

In case of physical drive it may be fingerprints etc.
                    In case of virtual drive it may be that image is bad, or image is good, but when virtual drive reads it the data is being corrupted on the way up (eg. some other bad driver, bad RAM etc.) Virtual drive is PHYSICAL device from Windows point of view and it interprets CRC errors from it in the same way as from other device, CRC check is performed in fact by Daemon driver when it reads sectors from image, if it in finds some inconsistency then it reports CRC error to Windows.
                    Windows does NOT perform crc check - it is performed by underlying hardware (no matter physical or virtual). So it is NOT Windows error, it is hardware error.

Comment

Originally Posted by VeNoM386
                      In case of physical drive it may be fingerprints etc.
                      In case of virtual drive it may be that image is bad, or image is good, but when virtual drive reads it the data is being corrupted on the way up (eg. some other bad driver, bad RAM etc.) Virtual drive is PHYSICAL device from Windows point of view and it interprets CRC errors from it in the same way as from other device, CRC check is performed in fact by Daemon driver when it reads sectors from image, if it in finds some inconsistency then it reports CRC error to Windows.
                      Windows does NOT perform crc check - it is performed by underlying hardware (no matter physical or virtual). So it is NOT Windows error, it is hardware error.

Does this include HDD's? I am trying to reformat a HDD and am having this message come up...

Derek

Comment

Working...
                      X