Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War 1.40

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Warhammer 40k: Dawn of War 1.40

I hope this is the correct section for this, if not I'm sorry.

I've installed Dawn of War with Daemon Tools 4 and played with no problems, but after a few days I wanted to update it to the last version (1.41). I've read that there are some special problems with that version because it changes the game protection from SecuROM 5 to SecuROM 7 or something like that, but that was no problem with 1.40. So I say, ok, let's upgrade to 1.40. I download the five required patches (1.01, 1.10, 1.20, 1.30 and 1.40) and start apllying them, the first one, no problem, second, no problem, but when I try to aplly 1.40 the program doesn't start patching the game. It says "Patching the game", but the status bar stays empty...

What's happening?

Thanks in advance.

I can remember that sometimes I had to start a game once before applying a patch?
    Maybe give it a try if you haven't done so yet.

Comment

Did you miss a patch out?

I remember with that game it was not clear how many patches there were, they will not install if you miss one out.

There are 6 separate patches to get you up to version 1.41

1.01 to 1.1
      1.10 to 1.20
      1.20 to 1.30
      1.30 to 1.40
      1.40 to 1.41

Also double check that the patches you downloaded were the correct language versions.

(EDIT) I just checked & there is a big Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War 1.41 patch that is 299mb in size - it looks like they've packaged all the updates into one (although you'll probably have to re-install so that you are back to version 1.0 before patching.) You can pick it up at DLH.net
      Last edited by joeboy; 29.03.2006, 09:37.

Comment

Yes, all the patches are apllied... but I'll check that out! I've always installes the patches after a clean install without playing first!

Comment

to be honestly i dun remember installin' any of the patches between 1.01 and 1.41....i know i jumped straight to 1.41 from 1.01...and i had no prob starting the game.
          Athlon64 3000+@2.6GH, DFI NF4 Ultra-D, 1.0G OCZ(2-3-2-5), Asus Radeon X800XL

Comment

Dawn of War patch problem

Originally Posted by FordPrefect
            I can remember that sometimes I had to start a game once before applying a patch?
            Maybe give it a try if you haven't done so yet.

I bought Dawn of War off eBay and had an English_China version sent. I have downloaded ALL the patches with limited success in loading:
            Patch 1.01 said WARNING!Error. Patching error. You are attempting to patch the wrong locale of Dawn of War. Please ensure you have downloaded the correct patch for the language version, and try installing again.
            Patch 1.20 same as above.
            Patch 1.30 worked and shows upgrade version on front screen
            Patch 1.40 same resul as 1.01
            Patch 1.41 (full 339 MB) same result as 1.01 even though I uninstalled the game and put version 1 back on.

I checked the locale and it says English_China

Any ideas where I go from here. I want to go on-line but can't because the correct version is not installed. HELP!!

Comment

Originally Posted by Nato777
              I bought Dawn of War off eBay and had an English_China version sent.
              Could it be that the game may not be a genuine retail version? a possibility if you bought it off ebay I have myself been fooled by some of these foreign importers in the past, they look genuine to the eye but are often pre-release or warez versions.

Have a look at the readme file on the CD to see if it states what version it is?

I know this game is very confusing with all the patches, it took a few attempts for me to patch it when I installed the game, I had overlooked one of the patches. I had mistaken version 1.01 to be 1.10 & was trying to patch from 1.01 to 1.20 using the 1.10 - 1.20 patch I guess I must have been confused on that day

Comment

Frustrated now

Thanks joeboy. I was away for the last week and just read your reply. Is there a way to find out how genuine the game is???
                The read me file says :

====================================
                Warhammer 40,000: Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War README
                ====================================

Version 1.0 - September 2nd, 2004

Catch you soon.

Comment

The readme file on my retail disc says exactly the same, here's a screenshot of my disc :-

If the file creation times & sizes are identical then I'd say there isn't a problem.

There appear to be 2 version 1.01 patches

(1) English = 1225 Kb
                  (2) International = 807 Kb

Have you tried both of these on a clean install?

Comment

Working...
                  X