Mounted iso file from cd, then accidentaly removed cd - windows crashed :/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mounted iso file from cd, then accidentaly removed cd - windows crashed :/

hi everyone. i have a serious problem and require as much attention as possible. i have mounted an iso file which was recorded on my dvd (did it couple of days ago when i was freeing up space on my disk - i was too lazy to make the image one more time after cleanup was completed so i recorded it on dvd). everything was fine, untill i realized i need newer graphic card drives to play the game. without thinking (unfortunately ) i removed the dvd with iso file (withoun unmounting it) and put in cd with new drivers. after the instalation i had to restart my computer...

after restart my windows were almost dead - everything stopped just a second after desktop with icons appeared, i could only move my mouse and press ctrl+alt+del and get to task manager. unfortunately i wasn't able to close any processes cause while doing that comp stopped repeating at all. at first i thought that maybe my second hard drive (in the pocket) was the cause so i removed it and tried to run windy one more time - with the same effect. then i started thinking like a human and realised that it is because of virtual drive wanting it's iso file back. i also realised that removing second hard drive was the most stupid mistake of them all -the letters of drives and cd-devices have changed because of this maneuvre making it impossible to just reinsert dvd with iso to make everything all right again.

i started windows in safe mode which was behaving quite problematic, just the same as normal mode, but it managed to get into device manager and i tried to turn virtual drive off (as well as removing it) but the comp stucked again. after reboot normal windows started and it succeeded to behave a bit better - now i can run some programs, get in device manager (althoug removing/disabling virtual cd is still impossible) and connect to the net. i wasn't able to close the "daemon.exe" process in task manager as well as i was not able to uninstall it (and manually remove files too). i am not able to get in "my computer" and see the list of my drives too (it gets stuck if i try that). to be honest - i can do hardly anything. i'm wondering now how to solve this situation without reinstalling windows and losing data (which i cannot copy somewhere else because i cant get on my drives :P). can someone suggest a good solution? and please hurry, i don't know how long it will continue running before another crash!

Rename Daemon Tools driver files in safe mode (check removal threads in common problems and solutions forum), if you use v4.0x also rename sptd.sys. Then un-install Daemon Tools, (rename sptd.sys back in case of v4.0x), reboot, and re-install Daemon Tools - now disable Automount, this should avoid such problems in the future.
    If safe mode is a problem, you can also try to boot with your Windows cd into recovery console, and rename Daemon Tools driver files. If you're unsure what to do in this case, just ask.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

Working...
    X