X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Windows Server 2003 blue-screens on install

Windows Server 2003 fresh install
    DVD Decrypter & Instant Copy installed.
    (Hardware: Aopen MB, Pioneer A05, LiteON CD-ROM)

I install Daemon Tools 3.33.0.0 as administrator, everything runs fine during installation (no programs open).
    I reboot as requested. After logging in as administrator after first boot, Daemon Tools installation continues, after 30 seconds Windows 2003 blue screens with this error:

BAD_POOL_CALLER

STOP: 0x000000C2 (0x00000007,0x00001153,0x02120023,0x8907B120)

You could try uninstalling Instant Copy and see if that helps. You could also try removing daemon.exe from the registry under: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\Curr entVersion\Run

Comment

But after Bluescreen reboot

it actually works after Blue Screen described in the previous post, it reboots after dumping memory, then I login as administrator again, and this time it finishes the installation, and it seems to work fine.

Comment

i have almost the same problem, but i got the BSOD before the reboot dialog came up and after i restarted the computer it finished the installation and it now works flawless but it seems your installation aint fully compitable with Windows Server 2003 thou.

Most of my friends have had this problem aswell.

Comment

Same Thing

Hi i have the same PB, but i'm on XP PRO SP1, i have send mail with minidump

Bye

Comment

Hi. It seems that stltrk2k.sys is causing problems. No idea what this file is though.

Comment

HI Andareed

How you analyse this minidump ? what tool you use ?

the Stltrk2k.sys is a drivers for a cardreader (Compact Flash) SCM product KODAK.

I delete this drivers to see

Thx again

Comment

Windbg which is part of debugging tools for windows, which is available at msdn.microsoft.com

Comment

Thx, for this moment, no bug whaouuuu

Thx for the name of soft

Bye

Comment

Same here (XP SP1)

But after the BSOD and Crash everything works just fine, that is until I install the next MS installer program. Then, the installer tells me that there is an unfinished installation of Daemon Tools and will not continue unless ha may remove the "broken" program. Is there a way to remove the Information on the unfinished installtion?

Installed programs which may have caused the Problem are: NERO 5, InstantCopy, ALcohol 120%, CloneCD.

Comment

Operating System: Windows 2003 Server
                      Burning Software: all
                      Anti-virus Software: none
                      DAEMON Tools Version: all

This is not a DVD-Decrypter problem, but a problem deep in the Windows 2003 OS Kernel. Every install/uninstall will make the machine bluescreen with BAD_POOL_CALLER. There is a hotfix by microsoft for Windows 2003 that can be found on http://support.microsoft.com/defaul...kb;en-us;888431 . It is not public, you have to phone them so they email you the hotfix. It will solve the problems with the BAD_POOL_CALLER. Hint: First reboot to safe mode, and then extract and install the hotfix, else it will bluescreen right after you clicked on the hotfix.

Comment

Working...
                      X