Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tried Everything but can't boot into safe mode!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tried Everything but can't boot into safe mode!

Hi,

Ok I have tried pretty much everything that has been mentioned in this forum but to no avail, hence the posting.

Im using Windows 2000, AVG installed, DT 4.03.

DT was running fine until I decided to add two more virtual drives. Mounted them and did not restart when asked to and used them as normal.

When I attempted to run a game off them, the screen went blank and turned itself off (well into sleep mode).

Restarted the computer and it was going through an end loop of restarts.

Tried to get into safe mode with and without SPTD.sys but neither worked.

Went into recovery and renamed sptd and dtscsi but neither helped.

Then deleted them but that made no difference either.

The position I am in now - I cannot load into safe mode or normal mode, the pc just automatically restarts. When attempting safe mode I get no option no to load sptd.sys or any other driver.

Can anyone help me out?

Thanks,

Simon

If you already renamed/deleted sptd.sys and dtscsi.sys, the crash can not be caused by Daemon Tools.
    Or did you have any previous version installed? Check thread about error 25002 in common problems and solutions forum then to remove those driver files, too.
    Everybody be cool! You, be cool!
    They'll keep fighting! And they'll win!

Comment

This was pretty much a free install of Win 2k.

Clean installation of DT 4.0.3 with nothing installed prior to it.

Im sure the crash came from the addition of two more virtual drives, added by DT.

Thanks

Comment

Do you have minidump available (in Windows\Minidump folder) related to that BSOD/crash? If so send newest file to support@daemon-tools.cc with reference to this thread.

Comment

Im afraid i dont have any dumps available.

Since I last posted I attempted a repair of my installation.

Unfortunately I only had an SP3 boot disk avail but using that I now am able to boot into normal and safe mode.

I get the error stating that Daemon Tools needs SPTD 1.22 or greater (something like that) and also need to run explorer.exe manually as I get an error relating to userenv.dll ( i think that is something to do with SP3/SP4 compatibility, not daemon tools).

What should be the next step?

Comment

After sorting out the SP4 Issues im now in the position where I only have the error Daemon Tools requires SPTD 1.24 or greater.

Comment

Well, either un-install Daemon Tools, or re-run setup, so sptd layer will be re-installed. Disable anti virus during sptd layer installation.

Comment

Working...
              X