Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Playing Blazing angels backup??

hi

this is my first post here, but i havee been reading for weeks (great site).

well i have on question

i have a backup image of Blazing angels, and i know it uses starforce. well i have a laptop so i just poped out my cd drive knowing this has worked with king kong and POP3, but it does not work for BA

here is my device manager screen shot

any help would be great

How did you create your Image and with which settings?
    And what is the error message from Starforce?
    Make something idiot proof, but then they just make a better idiot
    Peace Through Power

Comment

well i made it with alcohol 1.9.5 with high RMPS, and the starforce error is "failed to identify the disc in the dirve. insert a licened disc"

any ideas?

Comment

I found out that the game has the Starforce 3.7.12.05 protection.
        Try recreating your image using Alcohol. Enable the DPM option (it's DPM when you read from a disc, it's not RMPS) with high precision and choose a slow read speed.
        Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

ok thx i will try

Comment

no good

well ive tried what was suggested and I could not get it to work.
            Im still being asked for the correct disk.
            Well at first thats what it asked, now its asking me to change the drives and retry.

even with sf4hide I dont seem to be having much luck.

Comment

a little off topic: sd4hide is only for games with SafeDisc
              the modern world:
              net helpmsg 4006

Comment

haha yer my bad
                but im still having no like, tried starfucker and its still telling me to put the disc in another drive lol :|

Comment

Originally Posted by HolyClown
                  haha yer my bad
                  but im still having no like, tried starfucker and its still telling me to put the disc in another drive lol :|
                  Try unplugging your drives (shutdown your pc, open your case and plug out the plugs, start up again), then mount the image (alcohol-Image with dpm needed) and try again.
                  Heaven Can Wait -- My Band-Page

Comment

I'm having the same problem, I get a " can't identify disk in the drive" error message.

Has anyone had any success creating a workeable image? Can they send it to me by any chance?

Thanks!

Comment

Originally Posted by Geebs
                      Has anyone had any success creating a workeable image? Can they send it to me by any chance?
                      Thanks!
                      Why don't you create a working image on your own?

Comment

I've tried without any success

Comment

Geebs, please post specifics about your problem so we can help you. This is not a filesharing board, don't ask for that again. We're very much willing to help you backup your games, but that's it.

Which DPM extraction speed is best depends on the disc type, if it's a CD, low speed are better, for DVDs choose high speeds. Which drive did you use to create the image? Do you have any other drives you could try?

Which CD duplication software is installed on your computer, which one did you use for creating the image? Exact version numbers are important, don't forget to post them too.

By the way, as long as StarForce is installed its driver will prevent Alcohol 120% from creating good DPM images so you'll need to uninstall the StarForce driver and reboot before creating your image.
                          "I was inappropriately blunt, wasn't I? Sorry, I do that a lot."

Comment

Working...
                          X