Can't run setup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can't run setup

My windows version is 98se,and I have installed Windows Installer downloaded here.But when the setup nearly finished, it gave the notice: "Error 25001.Device setup error:code 25032(0x61C8)
    (0x0).Contact your support personnel," and interrupted.How to sovle it?

Imilar Err

of all the threads, this one was the most similar to my prob to post in (i need some help ) - thread was similar too.

xp sp1
    trying to install Daemon but get this pop on intro to install:

so i hunted down the v3.33 and found your beautiful new layout to find the exact same err.

any ideas or questions?

-did the regedit search for daemon tools, zip nada
    -disabled nero ultra drive
    -checked DM for conflicting scsi, none
    [/img]

Comment

Run services.msc. Double click on Windows Installer. Make sure it says startup type: manual and not disabled.

Comment

DETHVINUM issue solved

thX Andareed, for your input.
        after a slightly boggled google search i found proper info for xp (most were for 2000 sp6 etcetera...

here is the solution:

When you attempt to install a program that uses Windows Installer, such as Office XP, you receive:

The Windows Installer service could not be accessed. This can occur if you are running in safe mode or if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed.

This error is probably the result of a damaged registration service.

To resolve this issue:

1. Open a CMD.EXE prompt.
        2. Type msiexec /unregister and press Enter.
        3. Type msiexec /regserver and press Enter.

also this did NOT require a restart
        i think that's where you were going Andareed, no?

thX again

btw, any ideas on making a bu of an original gta:vc or enter the matrix? LOL

thX all.

Comment

I get the exact same error message as the thread originator. However, I am running Windows ME. Also services.msc will not open. I do not think this is a problem with windows installer at all.

Edited to add: I think the problem of the dethvinum are totally different from the problems of zsjust and I. I don't think that stuff will help.

Comment

sorry 'bout that,Peare, it was just the closest thing that compared for me

Comment

Lol, no need to apoligize.

I've been looking on the Alcohol120 board and it seems that this is a version problem that is affecting a lot of people(Alcohol uses Daemon as their virtual drive source). Suposedly this was not a problem with the last version and won't be a problem with the next version.

I just wish there was some way to download the older version.

Comment

If you go to download, you will see archive section. You can download various older versions.

Comment

Working...
                X